PCHOME.RO

Collapse

Help with Skystar 2

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently active users viewing this thread: 0 (0 members and 0 guests)
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Skystar 2

I just installed on of these from ebay. The cd isn't a lot of use. What software do I need. In setup4pc I get a signal but no picture. How do I what TV. Any help useful.

Thanks.

Try Progdvb... It's one of the most easiest programs.. for the start.. and afterwords.. you can try alt-dvb wich I find it to be the best..well a bit complicated to set it up..

Instructions how to install progdvb will be on their site..

Enjoy

Comment

First of all , your card is blocked . Only for data transmissions .
      To unlock you must install this : http://www.dvbsoft.net/e107_files/do...yNET_patch.zip

READ TWICE README.TXT inside this zip archive .

Works 100% , i use it when i unlocked my card .

Comment

Still no joy.

I use setup4pc and it logs all the channel on Astra 1 transponders. I just can't view. Any ideas. I tried unlocking from data, but the dos program just ends. Can anyone help.

Comment

use drv 4211 and progdvb

Comment

Still can't get it to work

I tried most software out there. I still can't get the skystar 2 to display a picture. On DVB viewer I have a signal but no picture or sound. Can anyone help me or suggest a website I visit to help out.

Thanks.

Comment

Pleasant update

Comment

Are you shure your antenna is pointing to Astra?
                Try a standalone receiver first, and after that try to configure the software.

Try to rescan all programs in Sky4Pc.
                Even if the card is locked, you should get a picture with the original software.
                Last edited by blindman; 22 December 2010, 11:39.

Comment

Just some explanation for those who find the above post ilogic...

1. Early SS2 drivers delivered with the Technisat EON edition have the bad habit to show signal values even if there is no signal.
                  2. If you have your disk pointed to another satelite and there is a transponder at about 30 MHz distance you can get a signal lock even if SR is not ok on HW version 2.3 which offers auto-SR.
                  3. The locking of the card is done by the Technisat driver software and allows the card to function only with Technisat software
                  4. The original Sky4Pc software allows you to watch FTA channels through your web browser with the original driver and software
                  5. Astra channel allocation has changed a lot since the release of the original software, so a rescan would be logic.

Now other thoughts:

6. The patch given by ********* patches newer drivers so that they can work with locked cards, but doesn't unlock the card.
                  7. The card can be completely unlocked with am EEPROM unlock tool called SkyStar2 Eeprom Editor found here (AFIK it works only on Win95 and XP). Beware: If you use/reinstall the original EON drivers it will be locked again.

Have fun and a great holidays.
                  Last edited by blindman; 24 December 2010, 10:39.

Comment

Working...
                  X