Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 16 EUR (16%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Junior
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Post Protected internet for Children?

Internet these days is being used by everyone. At my home kids aged 10-15 are using it mostly to youtube there favorite cartoons.
    Although youtube is pretty decent site. The other day i saw some flashy advertisment square shape banners on the right of the frame of stuff that is considered explicit in out society (conservative society).
    so i am looking for a software can let me kown what my kids do online?

Platinum member Expert
    29°20'N 47°59'E
    Posts Thanks / Likes

net nanny, etc.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

canine consultant Expert
    over the Hill, and down the road
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Move the computer to a lounge room or household public area. The trouble starts when it's in a bedroom, and they haven't got any parental control over what there watching.

Take a lot of interest into what there doing, My Space, Twitter, U-Tube, and most of the other sites young people frequent, can be suspect. Remember it's the internet, and you can be anyone you like.

As Boknoy recommends install a safe-guard program, if you feel it's needed, and really while it will cost you money, it's a cheap price to pay to keep the kids safe. But nothing beats a bit of parental education.
    regards from OZ bassett

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

As mentioned above it is a dangerous precedent and also a very educative field.
    The best is teach your kids whats good and whats bad, for if they want and the need arises, they will from same net have better counter measures to counter any barriers you put out for them.
    Install the care software, but you are still the guardian - be sure you can always see the screen any time, and not in the bedrooms as suggest Bassett.
    The moment something is wrong you will not be wanted near, and you cannot be there all the time. Plus limit the usage time on computers.
    Educate the children on the bad things on the net even with some real bad examples, and they'll be good people on the net even as grown ups and even when left alone, they will advise others too on the negatives.
    A lock only works for those who understand why it is locked, but for those who dont, they will always duplicate the key to know what is inside.

Thread Information