Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Scanning a new satellite

Hi guys can you please help me with scanning a new satellite? i got a motorised dish and its currently pointing towards asiasat3s. What values do i need to change to scan a new satellite do i need to change transponder frequency or wht not sure how to do it? i want to scan thaicom5 and asaisat2.. please help as i am new dont know how to do it... thanks in advance

Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default re

Quote Originally Posted by psaini View Post
    Hi guys can you please help me with scanning a new satellite? i got a motorised dish and its currently pointing towards asiasat3s. What values do i need to change to scan a new satellite do i need to change transponder frequency or wht not sure how to do it? i want to scan thaicom5 and asaisat2.. please help as i am new dont know how to do it... thanks in advance
    Br, you should tell here what you are using about!

pls tell about fully about your setting

Thanksss

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

What settings you want to know about? sorry dont know what to look for

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

go to your Receiver Menü Dish config
    type Thaikom 5 3600 symb. 26667 3/4 and move the Dish to westside
    also can use other Freq. look here: http://www.lyngsat.com/thai78.html
    look on your screen you get any Signal
    but also read your Manual from Receiver
    Daeng

10FT Dish 169° east-49°east

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

after putting these values i need to change the dish manually or it will move by itself to this location.... also where do i put these values under transponder or under satellite settings

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

after putting these values i need to change the dish manually or it will move by itself to this location.... also where do i put these values under transponder or under satellite settings
    you also must sett the Dish pos. first manual up
    Dish pos. 1 dish pos.2 and more you can check this on Lyngsat wich Satellite you can receive
    after set 1 freq. on Transponder settings move to this satellite fix it and make Auto search
    so your Receiver have new Software him find more then 200 TV+R Channels on Thaikom C-Band
    Daeng

10FT Dish 169° east-49°east

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

What satellite provider provides the Disney Channel in Vancouver, Canada? I really want the Disney Channel, but I live in Vancouver, and we don't have the Disney Channel, we have the Family Channel. I would like to get the Disney Channel through satellite. Which providers have the Disney Channel for Vancouver, BC?
    i need help

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Scanning new sat

Hello Psaini, for you to continue with do it yoourself motive you need to have these concept with you always ,they will not only help you install the sats you have mentioned but many more. T hese are Transponder .Symbol rate, polarity of a satellite this is always in (H )horizontal (V)vertical. or (R)right and (L) Left. then you need to know this ,wheather the satellite is ku banb or c band,the c band uses lnb like the one you have now while ku band has asmaller lnb compared to the one you have , you also need to know the poisition of the satellite you want track interms of degrees ,example 83 degrees east .This will always help you know how and on which side to move your dish whith what limit. one last thing is **** print, this shows weather the satelite covers you area. All this info can be gotten from.www.flysat..com Now that you have gotten this info. frow the site, key in manually the frequency ,symbol rate and polarity of the channell you want to scan as they appear on the site. then move your dish slowly untill you have signal quality.repeat this prosedure untill you get maximum quality .Good night

Thread Information