Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default relation between dish elavation an satellite

hi guyz,i was wondering fi there is a simpler way of setting a dish instead of using elevation angles.my thinkin was is there any way such that if u want to lock a satellite may be at 62 degrees east one can mark the inclination tube in measurement i.e centimeters or millimeters.so that for any satellite u need one just adjusts the tube to lock it.mmmh.just a thought.

Silver Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by georgewamba View Post
    hi guyz,i was wondering fi there is a simpler way of setting a dish instead of using elevation angles.my thinkin was is there any way such that if u want to lock a satellite may be at 62 degrees east one can mark the inclination tube in measurement i.e centimeters or millimeters.so that for any satellite u need one just adjusts the tube to lock it.mmmh.just a thought.
    Yes George it will work. First get the elevation right and then measure in centimeters or millimeters. If you want extremely measure it in Nano meters. All the best George.

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Thumbs up kudos

Quote Originally Posted by lnb15k View Post
    Yes George it will work. First get the elevation right and then measure in centimeters or millimeters. If you want extremely measure it in Nano meters. All the best George.
    glad to hear from from you.i'll try it today.ciao

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default satellite elevation

Quote Originally Posted by georgewamba View Post
    Hi georgewamba,that was avery good thiought,but i think you missed it abit,for you to mark the,the inclination tube,may be interms of centimeters or millimeters,you must have, done the the inclinination using elevation angles ,remembers these things your geographical location,will not always give you the same inlination as mine,I think the simpler way is to use inclinometer instead of thinking interms of centimeters.Just my opinion!.Be blessed this morning.
    Last edited by gkogolah; 28th June 2009 at 07:10.

Thread Information