Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Matrix/Venus (Indonesia) STBs any info?

Hi,

I am currently in Indonesia. I am thinking about buying an STB to take with me when I leave as STBs are quite cheap here. The two main brands sold here in local shops are "Matrix" and "Venus". Are these patchable? Can keys be entered? (The Indonesian-made "Venus Millenium II EP" won a Tele-Satellite Magazine award!). The RS-232 socket on the back of some of these STBs is NOT a SUB-D 9, but is labelled "RS-232" !

Thanks

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by peetr View Post
    Hi,

I am currently in Indonesia. I am thinking about buying an STB to take with me when I leave as STBs are quite cheap here. The two main brands sold here in local shops are "Matrix" and "Venus". Are these patchable? Can keys be entered? (The Indonesian-made "Venus Millenium II EP" won a Tele-Satellite Magazine award!). The RS-232 socket on the back of some of these STBs is NOT a SUB-D 9, but is labelled "RS-232" !

Thanks
    If u currently in Indonesia i will recomend u to buy manhattan series (Manhattan Passion HD, Manhattan 8800 PVR or Manhattan 6900 USB).
    From INDONESIAN with LOVE!

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by planko View Post
    If u currently in Indonesia i will recomend u to buy manhattan series (Manhattan Passion HD, Manhattan 8800 PVR or Manhattan 6900 USB).
    Thanks. I am in Makassar and the only STBs I have seen in the local shops here are Matrix and Venus + a couple of other brands I have never heard of! How much are the Manhattan models were you are staying?

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Manhattan

Quote Originally Posted by peetr View Post
    Thanks. I am in Makassar and the only STBs I have seen in the local shops here are Matrix and Venus + a couple of other brands I have never heard of! How much are the Manhattan models were you are staying?
    Hello peetr, I'm in Makassar too, you can find this product (manhattan passion hd or manhattan PVR) at TOTAL PARABOLA store--Jln. G. Latimojong no. 144 Makassar-----tlp. 0411-334269.

regards,
    Chenlung

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Chenlung View Post
    Hello peetr, I'm in Makassar too, you can find this product (manhattan passion hd or manhattan PVR) at TOTAL PARABOLA store--Jln. G. Latimojong no. 144 Makassar-----tlp. 0411-334269.

regards,
    Chenlung
    OK Chenlung, thanks for that!

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

If the receivers (matrix dan venus) labelled FTA, than it is only for receiving the FTA programs...

Regards,

Tomlase
    Last edited by tomlase; 19th June 2009 at 06:57.

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by tomlase View Post
    If the receivers (matrix dan venus) labelled FTA, than it is only for receiving the FTA programs...

Regards,

Tomlase
    Are you sure? StarSat are labelled "FTA"...but they receive non-FTA when patched and keys are loaded

I am not a newbie, just I have never heard of those brands before.

Regards

peetr

Thread Information