Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Member Master
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default PC MONITOR AS TV MONITOR WITHOUT PC

how to convert pc monitor as tv monitor w/o using pc. any idea..?

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Why someone want to re-invent the wheels

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

why someone answering a question with another question ?

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default re

why is everybody debate in a none sense joke!

peace man

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: PC MONITOR AS TV MONITOR WITHOUT PC

Quote Originally Posted by me2u
    yes dear it is possible ,my last visit to pakistan i saw a device (small Box) from this you connrct the monitor and can watch tv prgrammes

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by dodi
    yes dear it is possible ,my last visit to pakistan i saw a device (small Box) from this you connrct the monitor and can watch tv prgrammes
    maybe the one you saw was an external tv tuner for the pc. i really don't think you can use your pc monitor to view the channels as regular tv without the help of your pc as converter for the tv signals.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

alanpaladka

Use TV tuner card. Iam using it to view cable TV in my PC. Pinnacle card is best. Now a days, TV tuner cards are very cheap.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by alanpaladka
    Use TV tuner card. Iam using it to view cable TV in my PC. Pinnacle card is best. Now a days, TV tuner cards are very cheap.
    you missed his idea. WITHOUT a pc.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Scaling in computer to TV conversion
    Typical PC display can have many different resolutions. TV in the other hand is strictly single resolution display device. If the computer graphics needs always to fill the whole TV screen or all computer screen must be fitted to TV screen without overscanning (part of picture out of TV visible area) some scaling must be done. For typical video and animatio playback overscan is very nice (look like normal TV program where the corners of the corners of the picture are out of TV screen) but if you want to use some application on TV screen it is not desisable that some icons or menus are left out of the visible TV screen.
    VGA typically provides resolutions of at least 640 x 480 pixels, while NTSC video provides 525 lines per screen, although typically only 425..460 are actually displayed on visible screen area (depends on TV). On the other hand PAL TV has 625 lines and around 560..580 of them is in the visible screen area. So 640x480 VGA screen does not fill the whole TV screen area and 800x600 does not fit to the TV screen. If the VGA to TV converter supports video scaling the computer graphics can be made to fill the whole TV screen in the way what the user likes. In some applications it is necessary that all computer graphics in in the visible TV picture area and in other applications the screen looks nice if the computer picture fill the the whole TV screen area and there is no annoying borders on the graphics. With advanced scaling options it is possible to scale the computer graphics to fit the TV resolution but usually some details are lost in the process or the conversion might not always look nice.

Generally not possible, but few very expensive broadcast converters
    which have motion estimation hardware can generate quite smooth animation output from smooth animation in computer screen.

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by jft
    Scaling in computer to TV conversion
    Typical PC display can have many different resolutions. TV in the other hand is strictly single resolution display device. If the computer graphics needs always to fill the whole TV screen or all computer screen must be fitted to TV screen without overscanning (part of picture out of TV visible area) some scaling must be done. For typical video and animatio playback overscan is very nice (look like normal TV program where the corners of the corners of the picture are out of TV screen) but if you want to use some application on TV screen it is not desisable that some icons or menus are left out of the visible TV screen.
    VGA typically provides resolutions of at least 640 x 480 pixels, while NTSC video provides 525 lines per screen, although typically only 425..460 are actually displayed on visible screen area (depends on TV). On the other hand PAL TV has 625 lines and around 560..580 of them is in the visible screen area. So 640x480 VGA screen does not fill the whole TV screen area and 800x600 does not fit to the TV screen. If the VGA to TV converter supports video scaling the computer graphics can be made to fill the whole TV screen in the way what the user likes. In some applications it is necessary that all computer graphics in in the visible TV picture area and in other applications the screen looks nice if the computer picture fill the the whole TV screen area and there is no annoying borders on the graphics. With advanced scaling options it is possible to scale the computer graphics to fit the TV resolution but usually some details are lost in the process or the conversion might not always look nice.

Generally not possible, but few very expensive broadcast converters
    which have motion estimation hardware can generate quite smooth animation output from smooth animation in computer screen.
    very well said. why do u need to use ur computer screen as your tv screen anyway?

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

A device which is called PC TV Device is avalable in markeet which can be use to watch Tv or cable channel on monitor w/o using pc.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Hi this is site wr u can find stuff for ur dream if u wana do it ur self the cost will be same as its of http://www.gadmei.com/egadmei/Produc...%20TV%20Sesies

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

WHY

WHAT FOR

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Buy a SCAN CONVERTER...search on the internet or go to your nearest Broadcast Spplier.It's not a cheap gadget

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

you can see tv programes on your pc monitior with out pc.I see my tv channels on pc monitor using Gademi device.Basicaly

Tv vertical Frequency : 50Hz pc monitior vertical frequency :60Hz +

Tv horizental frequency:15.625kHz pc monitior horizental frequency:31Khz+

there for you directily not see tv channels on monitior you need a device wich convert or match tv H & V frequency to Pc monitior.Thic device called scan doubler or convertor and also called pctv device.This device has A/V in,RF in,S-Video in and VGA in conector on its rear side.Picture quality is better then internal tuner.

Thread Information