Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default multiswitch and 22Khz pulse control switches

been out of the loop on installing dishes and multiswitches for quite some time now, so i will have to ask for help on this.

currently, i reside in a building wherein the satellite connection is provided via a multiswitch to each apartments, providing a single cable which caries nilesat/hotbird/arabsat. this is configured as 106000/106000/117000 for the LNB settings. and that works just fine (with some missing channels from hotbird, but i don't care that much.

now, i am attempting to connect a separate dish for AB3 (TFC channels) lnb configured as universal 09750/106000/117000.

using dm500s, how do i go about connecting the extra LNB to my current single wire from the building. and no, the option of putting my dish up and hooking it on to the current multiswitch is not an option. so i think the only is really to set it up on a separate controller.

here comes the 22Khz tone switch. so far i have managed to connect the arabsat (port A/A) either on the tone ON or OFF (port A = ON, Port B = OFF) and it gets the signal, the problem being it won't switch to ports A/B, B/A from the multiswitch. also, i cannot get the darn AB3 lnb to work.

connecting the separate AB3 and the building connection has no problem at all, the real trouble is combining them into a single wire.

any help, input is much appreciated.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

here's a sample of what im trying to achieve.

http://www.lookpic.com/files/Switch.GIF
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Maybe that link will help

http://www.liddll.de/thread.php?threadid=6

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

thanks for the reply. i am aware that i can do this with a disecq 1.1 switch. and i guess this question has come to a wall since further reading revealed that the 22kHz tone has some problems when used in conjunction with universal lnbs to switch ports.
    CCcam 2.1.4

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by boknoy_ph View Post
    thanks for the reply. i am aware that i can do this with a disecq 1.1 switch. and i guess this question has come to a wall since further reading revealed that the 22kHz tone has some problems when used in conjunction with universal lnbs to switch ports.
    Haven't done this yet, but how about adding the 12v switcher unit, if that can separate your AB3, from existing installation switching onto the Diseqc.
    Changing the switcher for more inputs is another option, so that there is spare inputs for your AB3. - just a thought
    Please read something about latest -multitransponder headend, only cost is still beyond reach and is also commercial.
    With that you will not miss some channels, and can work for pvr off the single cable.

Thread Information