Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    alanpaladka
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Default About PowerVu and Videoguard

Dear Friends,
    As we all know, nagravision,viaccess,****** and seca has been hacked successfully by the hackers. Hackers are trying to hack conax also. But I don't understand why PowerVu and Videoguard are not hacked . Now long time has gone since the encryption of Sony and Star boquet. But I have not heard about hacking these channels. Why hackers are not trying to hack these systems. Is it so difficult or impossible?

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Hi and i am wondering that if some one had info please sey it.I think that the NDS(Videoguard) is available by sharing but the PowerVu and PowerVU+ are not because that system dont have any cams and card, it is very difficulty to understand and to hack it.

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

please all hacker "DO SOMETHING" :P :P

alanpaladka

Quote Originally Posted by omega_man
    PowerVu and PowerVU+ are not because that system dont have any cams and card, it is very difficulty to understand and to hack it.
    2 months ago I have seen a ad of "Scientific Atlanta"(used by SET) on a satellite magzine. The company has released a receiver which have CAM for PowerVu. The PowerVu card can be inserted to it. I have also seen a small black chip inside sony receivers. Is it possible to share or copy(cardsharing method) that chip? . Bcoz that chip is responsible for authorization and deauthorization.

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Please dig out all info about this great barrier

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

The PoweVu box only allows or authorise one channel only,unlike other encryption it allows u to be able to watch more channels.

alanpaladka

Quote Originally Posted by Aldeto
    The PoweVu box only allows or authorise one channel only,unlike other encryption it allows u to be able to watch more channels.
    Yes. I think so. It means it can't be used in DTH. Isn't it?

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Yes,PowerVu cannot be use as DTH,mainly it is for pay tv operators.
    Unless it is being transmitted out as FTA.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Aldeto
    A quick reply. Each powerVU box (SA or the likes) is authorised to the satellite / transponder / channel. Take for instance EMtv on Pas 8, it is authorised for all their channels TV and radio. Same applies to all networks (Superbird Ku band where you have 55 off channels in powerVU) so it is NOT limited to one channel.

So if you see the serial number on the back of the box, this number is in the stream along with a 4-6 digit crypt key which is in the magic chip you hear about. So if your box is not authorised to watch a channel there is really no easy way to make it watch it. Do a google search and you will find more information.

alanpaladka

I have 9 authorized powerVu boxes from Sony Entertainment Television. Is there any way to hack them.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by alanpaladka
    I have 9 authorized powerVu boxes from Sony Entertainment Television. Is there any way to hack them.
    easy... get an axe!
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by alanpaladka
    Wel as kuband replied there is a chip (IC) inside the receicer on the mainboard which actually carries all the necessary info for decrypting the channel ....... PowerVU is a adressable system which means each receiver has it's own adress (like an IP adress) ...... This adress is included in the downstream via satellite by the provider (e. g. Sony etc.) ...... but if u are able to remove successfully the IC from the mainboard of the receiver u can transfer it into another one and it shall work ...... i think the most difficult part would be to read out this chip and programe the content into another chip of the same sort ......

These two steps r the most difficult one ...... getting the chip out of the receiver main board and reading it's content ...... but it's not that easy to get the same sort of chip in the market to programe it ...... as much as i know i think it's a Siemens chip (IC) .....

The model i'm talking about is Scintific Atlanta D9234
    here r more infos about it http://www.growl.de/d9234/

About Videoguard:
    I'm sure this system is hackable because once Videocrypt (the preceeding encryption system to Videoguard) was also called ver secure ...... the difference however is to crack down on ppl who have the knowledge and the will to break into this system ...... NDS is politically a very powerful company ...... til to date Sky UK withstood successfully the order of the European Comission that every PayTv subscriberhas to offer its content on zwo different PayTV system-platform like it's with Sky Italia the case (Videoguard + SECA) ...... this was only possible with the political help and approach of NDS (News Data Corp.) ....... NDS itself is a subsdiary of Mudochs Media Empire ...... Murdochs son is Chief of NDS ...... They very well if someone leaks a NDS/Videoguard hack into public then a on all continents their PayTV System r in danger to lose customer base ..... BTW ******-2 is included in this ...... They knew very well that sharing is possible coz internally they've been doing this ...... now they possibly assume that sharing isn't that much of a factor in hampering there business so they let it happen (to be honest it would ask for a huge super human task + very high sums of Money to end this sharing) ......

So don't think NDS + ******-2 is that secure but moreover ppl who r close to hack into such systems r bought off by NDS so they finally work for them or even hack the competing systems such as SECA

alanpaladka

Quote Originally Posted by boknoy_ph
    easy... get an axe!
    Explain

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Alanpaladka of India

U r in India.
    Do u use AS3 transmission.
    Many indian viewers use
    1. StarTV PayTv package for about 1400rupees a month.
    2. ZEETv payTv [ackage for about 1100 rupees per month.
    3. DishTv via NSS6 for about 1000 rupees a month(50channels)
    4. DTHTv is free to air, they have promised 100 channels by 2006.
    U r living on the top of Indian television network,
    Why talk of hacking.(which is not possible in this age)
    The largest hackers are busy fighting with the Palestines in Gaza.
    and the European are busy with their own problems, about rain,floods and snow.
    Come on wake up this 2005, look ahead n tell us how to view your Indian StarTV with paying a Australian dollar.
    Over to you , sir.
    Thanks for reading my mail.
    JPS-Australia

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

alanpaladka wrote,,

What you have is 9 deactivated powerVu receivers,, When a service is cancelled or terminated the encryption is cancelled on the receiver.

As for Powervu encryption, it is one of the most secure encryptions if not the most secure. Each receiver is listed on Scientific Atlanta's data base, and activated or deactivated, on request of the service provider. They are not a FTA receiver, even if they can be used as used as such, They struggle, early models D 9223 // 4 did not have a sub card slot, and the encryption is held in the hardware, not the software, so no CAM is required..
    There is no such thing as a Scientific Atlanta clone, and while a great many receivers can handle a form of powerVu, nothing will do fully encrypted PowerVu, except the Scientific Atlanta Receiver.

So as far as stupid idiot posts about Hackers getting busy, It's not ever going to happen . So get used to it.
    regards from OZ bassett

Thread Information