Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Exclamation Dream box 500 vs. spider digital satellite receiver SL-2008F

Hello all
    I want to buy a digital receiver with card sharing option for Nile sat and Arab sat. I also want to view Asia sat and Intelsat 10 free to air channels. Please provide your feed back for making a good decision.
    Thanks in advance

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

You'll not find an original DB500 receiver; only clones. The other receiver... I did not heard of it.
    SHALOM

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

I'm speaking based on experience here: 1 sat shop keeper offered me a choice between buying a DBox DM 500-S and a Spider STB just last week. I asked him what's the difference between the 2 STB's and he told me that they work and function almost the same but the Spider STB is somewhat more expensive. I decided to buy the Dreambox and it's working OK and i'm quite satisfied using this receiver.
    dreambox forever

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by dark_spirit View Post
    I'm speaking based on experience here: 1 sat shop keeper offered me a choice between buying a DBox DM 500-S and a Spider STB just last week. I asked him what's the difference between the 2 STB's and he told me that they work and function almost the same but the Spider STB is somewhat more expensive. I decided to buy the Dreambox and it's working OK and i'm quite satisfied using this receiver.
    Bro would you mind sharing how much you paid for DM500 and what channels were you able to received? Just wanna have an idea coz I plan to buy one. Thank you.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

I bought my DM500S for 550 SR (depends on which place/city you are located here in the Kingdom actually).Other shops are selling up to 700 SR. The price includes "subscription" for 6 months (that's what the shopkeeper promised me!) for Showtime/ADD (all channels ) in Nilesat, Orbit (all ) in Badr, Nova and Sky Italia (Majority of channels),Sex View(all), Freex(all), French Lover in Hotbird, Redlight(all) in Eurobird 9, Multichoice (all) in IS 10.
    dreambox forever

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

I bought my DM500S for 550 SR (depends on which place/city you are located here in the Kingdom actually).Other shops are selling up to 700 SR. The price includes "subscription" for 6 months (that's what the shopkeeper promised me!) for Showtime/ADD (all channels ) in Nilesat, Orbit (all ) in Badr, Nova and Sky Italia (Majority of channels),Sex View(all), Freex(all), French Lover in Hotbird, Redlight(all) in Eurobird 9, Multichoice (all) in IS 10.
    This is the normal price and the channels offered are also similar wherever you buy.
    The difference is that in Dreambox you can start your server and do cardsharing where as spider you have to go to the market every six months to get the mentioned channels.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Thanks for the additional info @afridij. I think I made the right decision in buying a Dreambox instead of a Spider STB.
    dreambox forever

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Thanks for the additional info @afridij. I think I made the right decision in buying a Dreambox instead of a Spider STB.
    You are welcome. Besides there are many info on dreambox available on net. Enjoy your dreambox.

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Thanks for all your comments
    I got Spider SL-2008F.The shop keeper told me in dream box I can not C band channel from Asia sat.So I decided to buy this Normal price is about 700 to 750 SR but I was able to get in 500 SR with 170 days sharing for ART Show time and Orbit and may be some channels on hot bird and others.Multi choice is not working with me till now.I am surprised there is not much info about this receiver on the net also.Till now it is working very well no hangups and breaking of pictures.The shop keeper also offered me one Korean made receiver which have option to record the channels on USB drive but I preferred it.

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by afridij View Post
    This is the normal price and the channels offered are also similar wherever you buy.
    The difference is that in Dreambox you can start your server and do cardsharing where as spider you have to go to the market every six months to get the mentioned channels.
    Mate I am trying to find a Dreambox 550s here in Jeddah But I couldn' find one. All the shops I visited only have spider at 650sr. Do you happen to know where the shops selling dreambox at the same price paid by dark_spirit? Thanks in advance for your help.

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Can any one tell me how to record the video from spider receiver to Computer with out video graph input.Some one told there is a software which record this via the network cable.
    Thanks

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default dream box

Does this dream box 500 available in jeddah?
    and does this works on scrambled channels by its server method or by newcamd setting?
    and does it is work very smooth without paid channels freeze or break.

hopes for yr guide on receiver,
    i hv linksat receiver but manytimes channels freeze in a day by newcamd settings.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Dreambox is available in Jed. Regarding freezing it all depend on the server you build and the ping of C line you share. Mostly all types of sharing works on this box including newcamd.

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default want to uplod satellite receiver

I have spider digital satellte receiver sl-2008F, validity date is about to expire, how can i recharge or buy the recharge card. is it posible to uplaod thru internet

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by zabaiddin View Post
    I have spider digital satellte receiver sl-2008F, validity date is about to expire, how can i recharge or buy the recharge card. is it posible to uplaod thru internet
    Very simple. go to dish market and they will give a recharge card. scratch the card and input the codes on it to the receiver and it will start or you tell the guy he will do it for you. there is no other way unless someone is ready to give you free N line as N line works on it.

Thread Information