Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default How to change PAL for NTSC?

A friend of mine have just bought a linksat LS-900 from Dubai. I try to help him to setup it . First I would like to change PAL for NTSC but in the menu, there are only 2 options, PAL or MULTI. How can I change it for NTSC and what is the procedure to follow to setup it? I live in Canada & I would like to install North american channel list and scan on echo 6.5 ,7 or 9 satellite. Is anybody can help me.

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Did you try MULTI ?

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by harrison1 View Post
    A friend of mine have just bought a linksat LS-900 from Dubai. I try to help him to setup it . First I would like to change PAL for NTSC but in the menu, there are only 2 options, PAL or MULTI. How can I change it for NTSC and what is the procedure to follow to setup it? I live in Canada & I would like to install North american channel list and scan on echo 6.5 ,7 or 9 satellite. Is anybody can help me.
    Try the multi.
    could just give you ntsc output for ntsc sat input.

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default How to change PAL for NTSC?

I have tried MULTI but it gives the same screen as PAL. I saw on Ebay some converter from PAL to NTSC. Could it works?

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

I have tried MULTI but it gives the same screen as PAL. I saw on Ebay some converter from PAL to NTSC. Could it works?
    you can use the converter, but if expensive then go for the correct receiver for the converter could even be more expensive than another receiver.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

try to change tv video system to multi.

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default How to set up LinkSat LS-900

Finaly, I have succeeded to select NTSC by connecting receiver to another tv, wich automaticaly change it for NTSC (that what I think but I am not sure at 100%). Now, I would like to scan american satelite, but there are any in the list (I.E. Echostar). What is the first thing to do & what program should I instal to make my receiver works.

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Finaly, I have succeeded to select NTSC by connecting receiver to another tv, wich automaticaly change it for NTSC (that what I think but I am not sure at 100%). Now, I would like to scan american satelite, but there are any in the list (I.E. Echostar). What is the first thing to do & what program should I instal to make my receiver works.
    add new satellites and Edit the names, get to lyngsat - chose the available frequencies to your location and add that too and scan after sat allocation.

Thread Information