Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Alligning dish with Dreambox

Couple of days ago I lost my reception completely, right out of the blue. No changes in nothing, no storms, no reason for it. Checked all wiring,etc. No changes in the DB menus. Bought a new LNB( single satellite, direct input,) hooked it up. Highest reading I can get is 70% ( its the right LNB) using Dreambox signal indicator at the bottom of the screen, or Sat search indicators.The signal numbers jump around a lot.Have 2 Dreamboxes, no reception in either. I'm thinking maybe using the DB to for that isn't the best idea. Maybe I should use my Angelbox's Disqt menu indicators. Only problem is the Sat I'm zooming into, isn't listed in the old menu there, and I was wondering can I just put in the proper info( for sat I'm interested in) in a Sat which is listed. I don't think the name matters, only the coordinates etc. Of course I dont know thats why I'm asking. I also know that I'm very close to the proper position. I have many times before checked wiring, or turned the LNB a little for fine tuning. So judging from the reach and my position on the ledge I'm working from, the dish isn't off by much at all. Changed the wiring with some wires I had around here, didn't do nothing. Bought a new length of wire last night which I will night run straight from LNB to DB today, but I doubt that's it. Is it better to use the Angelbox for alignment in the manner described? Any other advise?

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

just as you say the sat name does not matter on experiment, you can enter the known transponder and sr to any sat and just look for that one transponder.
    so long as you dont confuse which sat you are on later.
    Also on dm box you can use manual single transponder on sat scan, plus you can manualy enter the parameters you want, till you get locked.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

The thing with the Angelbox worked as far as assigning coordinates with the Sat name not matching. I played with it for a while, but then remembered that signals indications vary with different receivers, so went back to using the DB. Quite a tedious task this alligning process, but something I need to learn, instead of depending on someone else to do it. It would be a different story though if we had no TV to watch (Angelbox and it's sat dish working), I'd have to pay someone to do for me, or deal with some unhappy family members.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by mellow View Post
    The thing with the Angelbox worked as far as assigning coordinates with the Sat name not matching. I played with it for a while, but then remembered that signals indications vary with different receivers, so went back to using the DB. Quite a tedious task this alligning process, but something I need to learn, instead of depending on someone else to do it. It would be a different story though if we had no TV to watch (Angelbox and it's sat dish working), I'd have to pay someone to do for me, or deal with some unhappy family members.
    If i read your first post correctly you are using the angelbox to move your dish.
    go and order a diseqc positioner, http://www.9sats.com/product/product...&cat=55&id=254 (just call them, delivery within 24 hrs)
    a child can set it up, directly move the dish with your dreambox and lock all sats.
    you will forget the angelbox in minutes.
    If u need help, pm me

Thread Information