Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Cable Tv Out !! DTH IN !! Pakistan

None of the Local cable operators seem to be providing satisfactory service.The channels either do not have uniform sound and picture quality or the sequence of channels is altered arbitrarily by the cable prerator.Some Channels go off for days or even weeks
    while there are few channels for viewers who have no liking for pirated films and puerile content.. There are Disruptions due to power outages as well as network failures.Then there is the Devil called Loop Holder...
    who is the link between the cable operator and its customers... This loop holder is the local dealer who feeds whatever he fancies into the system, from pirated films to local ads and even blue films late at night.Loop Holders also tend to run commercials that are some times half an hour long.
    Under these circumstances satellite based direct to home (DTH) television Service would be a welcome alternative for Unhappy Cable customers. Customers can expect to receive the same quality service.whether they live in a posh urban locality or in a remote rural area, as all channels will be digital with high droadcast quality.The Choice of Channels will also be exremely wide.

It is still possible to overcome this commercial hanicap.After all, State owned indian television Doordarshan neither sells receiving equipment nor collects any payments from its DTH customers.The Equipment is supplied by local Manufacturers at a cost Depending on the Brand and model (a receiver and a dish of less then 50 Centimeters can be bought for under 3000 Indian Ruppes) The customer buys the equipment and the dealers installs it on the roof or a window sill and that's it ALL channels are free.But being cost free does not guarantee customer satisfaction.Doordarshan provides 19 channels of its own and a dozen audio channels of state-own and a dozen audio channels of stat owned All private television channels.. all Indian excpect BBC world.
    So guys.. Leave Cable tv and buy DTH Service.. this is the future of Television broadcasting in Pakistan

Take Care Bye.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

But u fail to see that certain premium and thus PayTV channels will be not included in this package ...... certain movie and sports channels which r partly or even compelety illegal distributed by cable operators ...... so i think there is the fine line between cable or not and i guess most will still go for cable just for the diversity of the channels and the quality of the channels ...... surely the cable quality sucks but then u cant have everything for almost nothing right

alanpaladka

Quote Originally Posted by saas
    But u fail to see that certain premium and thus PayTV channels will be not included in this package ......
    Yes you are true indeed. It's very difficult to get all packages in a DTH.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

i think DTH still better then Cable tv
    i am talking about pakistani Setup
    if u come to pakistan and watch the condition fo Cabletv .. i am damn sure u will say DTH is better then this cable tv
    becoz we dont want to see tensports,startv,b4u,Supersports,sony,Reality only for 1 week.. or even 1 day
    alot of disconenction.. cable bad quality
    frequency problem.. etc.. alot of problems with pakistani cable system..I dont know what is the quality of cable tv in India and germany..
    But i am talking about pakistan.. We are happy with DTH becoz even we dont receive some packages.. no problem..Majority of clients need quality and digital quality of Tv broadcasting..
    Anyhow we can wait for more channels in DTH..
    Atleast i am supporter of DTH.. like dish tv and (ARY- launching very soon)
    Take care bye

alanpaladka

Quote Originally Posted by aqeelraza
    i am talking about pakystani Setup
    if u come to pakistan and watch the condition fo Cabletv .. i am damn sure u will say DTH is better then this cable tv
    becoz we dont want to see tensports,startv,b4u,Supersports,sony,Reality only for 1 week.. or even 1 day
    frequency problem.. etc.. alot of problems with pakystani cable system..I dont know what is the quality of cable tv in India and germany..
    If that is the condition of cable TV in Pakistan , I will also recommend you DTH. In India, we don't have that much problem with cable tv.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by aqeelraza
    i am talking about pakystani Setup
    frequency problem.. etc.. alot of problems with pakystani cable system..I dont know what is the quality of cable tv in India and germany..
    But i am talking about pakistan.. We are happy with DTH becoz even we dont receive some packages.. no problem..Majority of clients need quality and digital quality of Tv broadcasting..
    Anyhow we can wait for more channels in DTH..
    Atleast i am supporter of DTH.. like dish tv and (ARY- launching very soon)
    Take care bye
    Well to be Honest my dear friend a few months ago (in April) i was in Pakistan on vacation ..... i watched cable Tv in Sialkot, Lahore, Sargodha etc. etc. and i know what u mean but then i watched only a few hours on selected channels and selected days (when certain matches were Live on Air) ...... that tells u i watched mostly sports channels ......

but u know it better than me that a lot of cable operator doesn't even possess a valid license for cable TV from PEMRA (or PTA) + Smartcards for certain channels which they don't pay as a cable distributer but as a single user which according to the current state of the law is highly illegal .......

Do u really think that Multi Choice South Africa has any right to distribute its signal in Pakistan via cable networks Surely not ...... the same goes for ADD-Pehla channels (Also called Multi Choice Mid-East) ...... or the Hotbird channels ! Why do u think was TenSports transmission on Hotbird stopped Because certain Cable Providers in Pakistan bought smartcards for Pehla-Europe and distributed this way TenSports via there network ......

Multi Choice SA (DSTV) + Multi Choice Mid East (ADD) + Star + Sky UK + Sky Italia + Nova + DigiTürk + YES TV Isreal + Sky AUS (Fox Network) + Sky NZ + DirecTV (Fox Network) + a lot others are all part of the Murdoch media Empire ......

with the mentioned packages they've devided different markets for themselve and thus dictate terms who watches what on what prices ...... it's only possible because they possess Sports rights (Soccer, Cricket, Tennis, F1, Rugby etc. etc.) and have a monopoly in for most Live telecasts ......

So keep watching what u get almost for free becoz the upcoming DTH package will lack a lot of high quality channels like Star, ESPN, Nat Geo etc. etc.

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

In my opinion there is need of DTH in Pakistan as all of us know that cable operators don't provide quality services.But the point is will they provide all the channels which cable operators are providing.Answer is no as there will be alot of restirctions on DTH provider and they can be accesed any where so they can't show Indian movies and all other indian channels all sports channel and other illegal channels. This will be nothing more than a Paksitani Private channels,PTv channels,one or two sports channels and some english movies and music channel and some news and info channels.So in my opinion cable is best in that sense if we look at the content and bad in the sense of the service and bad attitude cable walas
    But overall i agree with most of u that DTH is necessary and is important for Pakistan bcz it will break the monoply of the cable operators and will affect on their attitude and will give us a good option to watch uninterrupted trasmission .

alanpaladka

Quote Originally Posted by saas

but u know it better than me that a lot of cable operator doesn't even possess a valid license for cable TV from PEMRA (or PTA) + Smartcards for certain channels which they don't pay as a cable distributer but as a single user which according to the current state of the law is highly illegal .......

Do u really think that Multi Choice South Africa has any right to distribute its signal in Pakistan via cable networks Surely not ...... the same goes for ADD-Pehla channels (Also called Multi Choice Mid-East) ...... or the Hotbird channels ! Why do u think was TenSports transmission on Hotbird stopped Because certain Cable Providers in Pakistan bought smartcards for Pehla-Europe and distributed this way TenSports via there network ......

Multi Choice SA (DSTV) + Multi Choice Mid East (ADD) + Star + Sky UK + Sky Italia + Nova + DigiTürk + YES TV Isreal + Sky AUS (Fox Network) + Sky NZ + DirecTV (Fox Network) + a lot others are all part of the Murdoch media Empire ......

with the mentioned packages they've devided different markets for themselve and thus dictate terms who watches what on what prices ...... it's only possible because they possess Sports rights (Soccer, Cricket, Tennis, F1, Rugby etc. etc.) and have a monopoly in for most Live telecasts ......
    Are you sure saas I think Pakistani cable operators are very brave and adventures.
    Last year, a cable operator of our state given Zee TV from a keycode receiver. After 2 days, he was caught by Zee Officials and he had paid large amount of money to come out from that case.

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Yes he is right, Cable operators in Pakistan even in Islamabad near the headquarter of PEMRA(cable regulatory authority) were telecasting Zee channels from code receivers(2003-2004) and multichoice illegal channels were also telecast e.g MM,MNET etc upto 2004.Even they r still showing english,indian movies till the date in this area.Even MMDS system in Islamabad were telecasting these channels.Some of the cable operators stopped showing zee after the zee code package expiry as they have to buy dishtv with monthly fee.(in ISB/RWP there is only zee smile and zee music on some cables).
    Sab chalta hai bhai,Khilaanay walay kum Nahi Khaanay walay kum Nahi.
    But now there is ban on Indian channels but they r still showing Indian Channels.Largest cable operator in Islamabad is stills showing some indian channels.This is the area where least number of illegal channels are shown because there is Pemra head office.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by khurram
    Yes he is right, Cable operators in Pakistan even in Islamabad near the headquarter of PEMRA(cable regulatory authority) were telecasting Zee channels from code receivers(2003-2004) and multichoice illegal channels were also telecast e.g MM,MNET etc upto 2004.Even they r still showing english,indian movies till the date in this area.Even MMDS system in Islamabad were telecasting these channels.Some of the cable operators stopped showing zee after the zee code package expiry as they have to buy dishtv with monthly fee.(in ISB/RWP there is only zee smile and zee music on some cables).
    Sab chalta hai bhai,Khilaanay walay kum Nahi Khaanay walay kum Nahi.
    But now there is ban on Indian channels but they r still showing Indian Channels.Largest cable operator in Islamabad is stills showing some indian channels.This is the area where least number of illegal channels are shown because there is Pemra head office.
    1000% true
    i also checked Islamabad cable reception.b4 some days i was watching Starplus .. and they was showing Koun Banay ga Karor Pati.. .. Beleive me they connect decoder with Tv tuner card. and start prvt Advertisment in the center of program
    I hate Cable Tv.
    Now i have DVB card. and i am happy with asiasat3 and Hotbird..
    When DTH will be start in pakistan. I will also buy DTH ARY DTH Will be the best.
    Bye Take care

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

yea i also agree all posts so now when Pak DTH system will be start and also thats required to send thats all good reamarks to pamra to start our DTH system who will do that?

izwan Peshawar

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Rizi Dish tv is now available in pakistan.. Sun tv DTH is also working fine
    But we have to wait for next year.. All DTH services will be start soon

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default salam

sir aqeel raza sahib i posted 2 pm massages to u.pls contact me

haq
    be a helping personality