Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Thread: one lnb

Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default one lnb

Hi frnds any one know how many receivers can be connected to one lnb through spillter ?

IF U CAN NOT ENCOURAGE DON'T DISCOURAGE

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: one lnb

Quote Originally Posted by NICE_007
    Hi frnds any one know how many receivers can be connected to one lnb through spillter ?
    You can connect so many receivers on a C band single solution LNB.

Gold Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

I think single LNB can be used for only one receiver ,,TWIN or Quad LNBs can be used for more than one STB.
    Splitter's function is not same
    Fte Max 100S
    Humax IRCI-5400z
    Asiasat 3S,NSS 6,Insat 4B,Thaicom2/5,Intelsat7/10,HB 6/7A/8

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by masood
    I think single LNB can be used for only one receiver ,,TWIN or Quad LNBs can be used for more than one STB.
    Sir I did not said that singls pin out LNB. I said that single solution LNB.
    Through twin LNB only two receiver can be use but through Single solution LNB you can use unlimited receivers but it can be use more efectively on Asiasat 3S and PAS 10.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: one lnb

Quote Originally Posted by NICE_007
    No matter the C Band, Ku Band, S Band it all comes down the polarisation you use.

You can have as many STB's as you want provided they all use the same polarity ie.. all;

Left
    Right
    VER
    HOR

We run up to a couple of hundred like this in condo or hotels.

However if you want say VER/HOR from one LNB you will need to install a dual POL LNB so this can happen and then a dual switch in the network so everyone can select either VER or HOR transponders (typically these switches come with only 4 outputs) and not shut the network down.

EnJoY

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by masood
    Not quite true, see message above.

Re: the twin or quads - these are in most cases for the Ku Band and are deigned so you can have any STB and any POL on the network. In many cases using a mix and match of STB's and polorisations (see note above) from one LNB can cause problems. This is more true with universal LNB's than say the Ku Single LNB's.

Atif_Khan

friends.

ASIFDE is 100% rite, bcoz if u use the double LNB. and with also 2 recievers, then if 1 reciever is showing HORIZENTAL pol 's channel and 2nd for vertical , then u should be make ur mind for purchase new LNB, bcoz difference POLARITY cant support at a timeon DOUBLE SOLUTION .

DOUBLE PIN OUT is specially design for 2 recievers, and ll support all polarity at a time,.

SINGLE POLARITY,

like old GARNDINER LNB. we used for a single polarity at a time, and u can connect alot of reciever through "F-CONNECTOR" at a time,

hope for undertand

Atif Khan

alanpaladka

You can connect the receivers to a single lnb till the signal drops down. I mean, this can be done by using series of splitters. When signal travels from one splitter to its next, the signal drops. Till it reaches minimum, you can connect receivers. I had connected 35 receivers(Star ,Zee IRD's & FTA) to the Asiasat3S LNB in my cable Headend.

Thread Information