Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 16 EUR (16%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default something i want to know about keycodes......!

Dear friendz,
    Right now i am in India and i am watching cabel system. But sometimes t.v channels like sony tv, star sports etc.. they are showing some keycodes like { 000-428-987 } it. So i want to know what is that number. It is a keycode or some comman numbers. Please reply me about it as soon as possible. I am waiting for ur reply. Okay Byee.

ajnaabi 4ever.

RDI - Board Default Avatar

I also have same question. But I think these are smart card Id's or Authorization Ids.

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

yes i think too that these are smart card Id's or Authorization Id as these appear on all startv channels and also on tensports channel in Pakistan.As our cable operator changes in last few years many times so these number changes for every channel.So its confirm these are not key codes.These are authorization codes as most of time it appears during important matches and tv prog.

Posts Thanks / Likes

no this is a "FINGERPRINT" NUMPER OF SUCH BOX and the channels provider'll activate these id for avaiding for mis-use of that box and they'll
    show that bloooody id in all area of tv sreen,caused some cable operater'll
    block that id ,if it shown only one area of tv screen.

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Keycodes.

No this is not a keycode or a pin number.
    The satellite Provider is flashing this number,so that anybody recording such (number )programme for commercial use, can be located with a short period if such recording programmes are sold for a profit or making hundred of copies for commercial use, or unto a DVD, VCD or a Video tape-VHS.
    This kind is exercised has been practiced in NZ by the SkyTV for the Indian Customers viewing Optus B3 programmes(ZEETV,STARTV,SONYTV.which is encrypted and can only be viewed with a valid subs card.
    Your connection can be disconnected from the Indian Provider in NZ, because each unit n the viewing card has a code which is scrolling or coming on the screen now n then.
    Last year I was in Auckland in NZ and I saw this code flasing on the TV screen, and I asked my host what is code.he told me that code which is falsing on the TV screen is my card n decoder code. If this programme is recorded with the code/key number. It can be traced back to the owners of the decoder and the viewing card.
    Watch out, do not use such recordings for commercials use.
    They will catch u sooner than u think.
    Thanks for reading my mail.

Thread Information