Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Need help w/ my MicroX MDR 4500

Guyz,

am from manila. am using microX mdr 4500 for atleast 4 months. i've been having trouble w/ the lcd coz w/out the lcd i cant use my remote that is since ed the installer is gone. i don't know if what he gave me is defective or not. at first i did mind it bcoz i said it will be ok for a while...b4 its comes and goes...but right now it seems that its getting worst...i really need to make the lcd back to normal because i need to manually input the code every now and then since astrovox has no sw au yet.

so please if anybody can help me fix this...am very greatfully thankfull to you...coz the one who install this has no warranty he said...and for that he cannot do anything...you see i only used this for 4 months and am not even yet to the price i paid.

tnx guyz,...hope you can help me...and to the one who supply this item...please if ever you read this...and you can do something about this...i have many friends who wants also to have this but how can i refer if this much paid money is not worth it...

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re Micro X MDR 4500

Jymer,

Please be specific with the problem(s) you have with the LCD. Does the power come on? Is there anything on the TV monitor when you turn the unit on? Some electronic technicians may be able to fix that if only the infra red and LCD is busted.

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: Re Micro X MDR 4500

Quote Originally Posted by v-freak
    Jymer,

Please be specific with the problem(s) you have with the LCD. Does the power come on? Is there anything on the TV monitor when you turn the unit on? Some electronic technicians may be able to fix that if only the infra red and LCD is busted.
    mate,

vfreak is right, if there is a problem on front display try to fix by your self open the top cover and unplug the connector of display board cable then, plug it again. unless, your unit is not really working that will be "no power".

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: Re Micro X MDR 4500

Quote Originally Posted by dishman
    Quote Originally Posted by v-freak
    Jymer,

mate,

vfreak is right, if there is a problem on front display try to fix by your self open the top cover and unplug the connector of display board cable then, plug it again. unless, your unit is not really working that will be "no power".
    hi disman and v-freak tnx for the help

actually it powers on and also there's output on tv, but the usual boot up and numbers that usual appears on the LCD dont appear. the only thing appears is a very small light codes like LLLLLL or FFFFFF or 00000 or ------ or CCCCCC, etc..everytime you press power off and then power on again a different character like those i mentioned appears, and i can't use anymore my Remote to go menu or setup installation..which i have to use every now and then to manualy input the keys for dreamtv.

actually i encountered it already after they installed it about an hour ago, but dont mind it because it thought its just a small glitch..but since then..am experiencing it every now and then...and it seems becoming worst...

am really thankful sir...

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Mate,

Maybe you can isolate the problem with your RCU.

You can test if your RCU is working by pointing the IR led to a digtal camera, you can see the flashing light fron the RCU LED. If not, the the RCU has the problem.

The most common problem of the RCU is the quartz crystal, its locally available on all electronics store. Just replace it with the same frequecy.

Hope it helps.

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default micro-x customers

to all micro-x users,

this is a reply from their dubai office when i send an e-mail about the problem on mdr-4500 fta. i suggest you directly send your queries to them so, they could be pressed on releasing new patched software.

We are working on it – we will update the same soon but in mean time – please try the new model MDR-2850 - it has auto roll function which does not need software updates at all for nagra

Hoded A Bhatia
    Manager - sales and marketing
    Astrovox electronics LLC
    P O Box 14282 Dubai – UAE
    Mobile :97150 6246918
    Tel : +9714 2274450
    Fax : +9714 2274415
    E-mail :[email protected]
    Web site : www.astrovox.biz
    [img]http://[/img]

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by trailblazer
    Mate,

You can test if your RCU is working by pointing the IR led to a digtal camera, you can see the flashing light fron the RCU LED. If not, the the RCU has the problem.

The most common problem of the RCU is the quartz crystal, its locally available on all electronics store. Just replace it with the same frequecy.

Hope it helps.
    does it mean that the receiver depends on the RCU while powering on and booting?

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by jymer
    Mate,

Hope it helps.
    does it mean that the receiver depends on the RCU while powering on and booting?
    check your pm

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Sorry Mate,

RCU means Remote Control Unit.

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default re

Sorry Mate,

its ok trailblazer, yah i know that...all i want sana is, whoever the supplier of dis unit... please reconsider this unit...

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: re

Sorry Mate,

its ok trailblazer, yah i know that...all i want sana is, whoever the supplier of dis unit... please reconsider this unit...
    mate,

i understand your problem the only thing we can do for now is to wait. since, you can still use your receiver just wait once i received my next package. hopefully we can give you replacement for the defective display board
    [img]http://[/img]

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

@jymer,

try to be patient m8...coz this guy is waiting for his next package
    including your front panel display,
    but for now try to hire service tech. to open the f. panel and resolder
    the ic near lcd and also the cpu.

visit here...

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default re

thanks mysfiles for that. your help very appreciated also jft, thnks. actually dis morning when i plug it in power, it displays again...so i was able to input code and be able to watch again but after an less than an hour display disappears again...huh....i guess i really have to wait for your help guyz....anyway, tnx...

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: re

thanks mysfiles for that. your help very appreciated also jft, thnks. actually dis morning when i plug it in power, it displays again...so i was able to input code and be able to watch again but after an less than an hour display disappears again...huh....i guess i really have to wait for your help guyz....anyway, tnx...
    that is the objective of majority of members here "to help each other" and not to "to put down one and another".

let us change the attitude of most of our countrymen starting on this forum instead of out smarting each other like most politician do.

FYI

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

@disman,

I agree to that,coz we're part of this forum,
    I second demotion...

Thread Information