Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default ~Plasma TV ban in EU soon~

Plasma televisions are soon likely to be banned in the European Union due to high power consumption comparatively to LCD television.
    Yesterday I heard in the news & here is the article.Though it is yet to be finalized I guess it will happen soon.
    My guess soon the manufacturers will look to dump them in Asia so prices in Asia for plasmas likely to drop.

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear friend, Thanks for the information…

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Duplication
    Last edited by bigboss; 15th January 2009 at 01:31. Reason: Duplication

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Yes, yes it's all very interesting, But it's a bit like bolting the stable door after the horse has vacated. It'a a bit bloody late, telling people there TV's are banned after they have laid out good hard cash, and bought something that was perfectly legal to own last week.
    Frankly there not about to tell people what they can and can't own, and at the moment, prices on plasma's are dropping to the point where there a throw away item if they muck up and brake down.

And for the record, I have a 50inch [127cm] Plasma, and yes it does generate considable heat, is possably expencive to run. But while I'm paying the power bill, it's got nothing to do with anyone else.
    regards from OZ bassett

R-D-I SPONSOR Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by bassett View Post
    Yes, yes it's all very interesting, But it's a bit like bolting the stable door after the horse has vacated. It'a a bit bloody late, telling people there TV's are banned after they have laid out good hard cash, and bought something that was perfectly legal to own last week.
    Frankly there not about to tell people what they can and can't own, and at the moment, prices on plasma's are dropping to the point where there a throw away item if they muck up and brake down.

And for the record, I have a 50inch [127cm] Plasma, and yes it does generate considable heat, is possably expencive to run. But while I'm paying the power bill, it's got nothing to do with anyone else.
    So if this LAW does pass

What about the NEW Owners of Plasma Tvs that are under warranty

They must get a FULL REFUND on the goods if its under warranty

Humm

Thread Information