Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Thread: Star DTH

Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Star DTH

i can hear some where that star tv launching dth any body know about it
    reply me
    i am dealer of recievers and dishes and reciever upgrading .i have also my dish tv .i share my ideas with rdi

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear Malik,

STAR DTH will be on Insat 4A satellite as they have booked 12 transponders on the same. This satellite was scheduled for launch in Aug-Sep but there has been some delay in launch and but back until Nov'05 so STAR DTH might be launched early next year like Jan'06. They are promising around 200 channels from day 1 i am not sure if they can do this. Encryption will be NDS as they recently awarded contract read article below :

"Tata Sky, the 80:20 joint venture between the Tatas and Rupert Murdoch-controlled Star Group, is gearing up for the launch of its direct-to-home (DTH) service. The company has awarded around $3.2 million infrastructure contract to US-based Globecomm Systems Inc. for its DTH project.

Globecomm will design and build a DTH uplink facility for T-Sky, the brand under which Tata Sky will offer its services. When contacted, Tata Sky chief executive officer Vikram Kaushik declined to comment. But a source confirmed the development, saying it was around $3.2 million contract which could be scaled up.

The facility will be outfitted with multiple 9.3 meter and 4.5 meter antennas, equipment shelters, high power amplifiers and switching and related subsystems. The equipment will be monitored with Globecomm's proprietary monitor and control software.

Globecomm is a global provider of end-to-end satellite-based communications solutions. It has customers from communications service providers, commercial enterprises, Internet Service Providers, content providers and government entities. Several DTH operators including DirecTV are clients of Globecomm.

T-Sky is using the encryption systems of NDS, a company controlled by News Corp. It has booked Ku-band transponder space on Insat-4A. The satellite, which was to go up in August-September, will only launch in November. T-Sky can, thus, start its services only next year. "

Enjoy !

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default SATR-DTH system

But can we view such in the Asia n South Pacific regions.?
    Thanks for reading my mail.
    JPS-Australia

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

i GOT ENCRIPTE SATR TV SIGNAL THROUGH DTH FROM HOTBIRD. bUT DUE TO NO KEY AVAILABLE. CAN'T ABLE TO SEE.

ANY KEY AVAILABLE PLEASE

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear JPS,

STAR TV has booked 12 Ku Band Transponders on INSAT 4A so it might be India spot beam maybe it might be available to neighbouring countries similar to DISH TV on NSS 6. STAR is very smart and has better experience than DISH TV of subscribers trying to violate local country regulations since also thy have almost worldwide services via different modes including DTH. I mean for e.g. SKY network in Europe which is more or less being violated in that region or subscribers buying / registering in one region and using it in another neighbouring country where the satellite signal has a reach so they will definitely be thinking on these lines.

I have not much idea of Australia but i suppose let's take an example.. like NSS 6 viewers cannot get the Australia spot beam in India or where the India spot beam works of NSS 6 in neighbouring with bigger size dishes, similarly an Indian spot beam may not work in Australia.

Enjoy !

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Thanls: ravindxb.
    It was nice to read that u have read n answered my enquiry.
    Thanks for reading my mail.
    JPS-Australia

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default to JPS star key code or any suggestion!

Any suggestion to get STAR key code for DTH

Thread Information