Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Junior Member Master
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Signal Distortion

Deal
    I am residing in Riyadh KSA. My C-band signals (Asiasat 3S & Intelsat10) are badly distorted by a GSM (so called Zain) towers installed. Is there any way to get rid of these distortions.
    Thanks

Ghost Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

try times also a 3 subject shielded Koax cable

ZAFARJOIA Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by mtiqbal View Post
    Deal
    I am residing in Riyadh KSA. My C-band signals (Asiasat 3S & Intelsat10) are badly distorted by a GSM (so called Zain) towers installed. Is there any way to get rid of these distortions.
    Thanks

change your dish position.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

even if your coax is sheilded, your lnb is not.

try relocating your house or the towers (whichever is easier).
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by boknoy_ph View Post
    even if your coax is sheilded, your lnb is not.

try relocating your house or the towers (whichever is easier).
    microwave filtered LNB's will help just costs a lot to buy
    If Evolution works, why so many idiots?

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

I got some strength behaviour of some TP signals (vertical) in my STB. I have a setup of Asiasat3 to a FTA reciever which then loop out to Satellite pci card to a PC. Some of channels signal is not good in STB which in turn results in pixalisation in TV set. But when same channels run in PC, its showing fine without any problem. Initially I thought it was due to LNB skew but when I found this STRANGE BEHAVIOUR then i am really surprise, WHATS GOING ON!

Another strange thing happened while I was touching the LNB before skew, those channels effected, surprisingly stopped pixalisation in the TV via that STB.

Can any body give some help or Clue whats going on. Why everything fine in PC via PCI card, not in TV via STB.

Plz help!

I put deambox DM500 beside PC also. Dreambox doing fine with these channels. Thats means Possibly proccessor in the STB is the culprit!
    Enjoy while FTA....................

SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by satpalchat1 View Post
    I got some strength behaviour of some TP signals (vertical) in my STB. I have a setup of Asiasat3 to a FTA reciever which then loop out to Satellite pci card to a PC. Some of channels signal is not good in STB which in turn results in pixalisation in TV set. But when same channels run in PC, its showing fine without any problem. Initially I thought it was due to LNB skew but when I found this STRANGE BEHAVIOUR then i am really surprise, WHATS GOING ON!

Another strange thing happened while I was touching the LNB before skew, those channels effected, surprisingly stopped pixalisation in the TV via that STB.

Can any body give some help or Clue whats going on. Why everything fine in PC via PCI card, not in TV via STB. Plz help! I put deambox DM500 beside PC also. Dreambox doing fine with these channels. Thats means Possibly proccessor in the STB is the culprit!
    Ptretty clear whats going on. Don't loop out from your satellite receiver to your PCI card as you lose DB to the card. Cards are deaf compared to satellite receivers.

Nothing worng with your receiver just your setup.
    If Evolution works, why so many idiots?

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by irdeto2engineer View Post
    Ptretty clear whats going on. Don't loop out from your satellite receiver to your PCI card as you lose DB to the card. Cards are deaf compared to satellite receivers.

Nothing worng with your receiver just your setup.
    Another thing, I forget to mentioned. I have another STB (clone metabox) in another room which Indipendently fed by another output from that LNB, Which also showing same Pixalisation type behaviour.

One thing I could not figure out, while I touch the LNB, All these pixalisation STOPPED!

Really Confused

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

I got a cheep solution!

I have wrapped around my lnb with a piece of Alumunium Foil (used for cooking!). surprisingly all signal distortion Go Away!. Its looking like act as LNB EMF sheliding from GSM or MW.

Please try yourself and feedback to others

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Signal Distortion

50% Riyadh area is affected due to wimax which is using same frequency of C Band. I purchased 2 LNB but it did not work. I think the local Market people are making fool. The only solution is to search the Filter which is not available in Riyadh please check this site This filter is around 44$ http://www.avcomm.com.au/
    I checked in the market no information is available.

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Hi this is because when you touch the cable you are earthing the shield so any stray charges on the surface will get earthed.The stray charges are creating signal losses is my guess. SO your aluminum foil acts like a earthing conductor because of which those stray charges are getting earthed.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Sky is an Experimental Lab In the World Of Satellites.
    ::\Dish TV India::90Cms MCBS Dish Hooked to ABS-1 and Edusat and May be Insat 4CR in the Near Future::

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

satpalchat1 says only aluminum foils put around the LNB. I will try tonight and I will show the result of this trick. If its work then no need to buy extra lnbs or filter etc.

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

I just tried wraped around aluminum foils but no result. Same position as before, I suggest that do not cover lnbs with foils etc there will be no result

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Same thing happening in jeddah also. Please let me know if u find any solution

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

solution is that u can use one round piece of plastic about one feet and run it over 2 dish and keep ur telly close to u so that u can c which part of dish is reflecting distortion..solution is to block area of dish that is creating the distortion from reflecting.u might loose bit of signal strength but distortion will go away waiting for feedback.

Thread Information