Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Master
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Ways to track a satellite signel

Hi All!

There are different techneques and methods employed by different experts according to their experience to track and lock on to a satellite signel (Signel meters, Motorised trackers etc). Why dont we all share our expertise? Most of the information many might already know.

But do kindly share for the sake of us Noobs!

I will start by sharing how i track a satellite signal:

I use Zenega cd1006s STB to track satellite signals. Zenega STB has an inbuilt sound tracker which will increase or decrease in sound pitch when a signal grows in strength or decreases. Very convenient in tracking signals, if your TV is downstairs and dish on the rooftop. After i have found a signal i will connect the cable to my Beetel STB and scan the TP. This techneque works for both C-Band and KU band signals.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Sky is an Experimental Lab In the World Of Satellites.
    ::\Dish TV India::90Cms MCBS Dish Hooked to ABS-1 and Edusat and May be Insat 4CR in the Near Future::

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Mangalore View Post
    Hi All!

There are different techneques and methods employed by different experts according to their experience to track and lock on to a satellite signel (Signel meters, Motorised trackers etc). Why dont we all share our expertise? Most of the information many might already know.

But do kindly share for the sake of us Noobs!

I will start by sharing how i track a satellite signal:

I use Zenega cd1006s STB to track satellite signals. Zenega STB has an inbuilt sound tracker which will increase or decrease in sound pitch when a signal grows in strength or decreases. Very convenient in tracking signals, if your TV is downstairs and dish on the rooftop. After i have found a signal i will connect the cable to my Beetel STB and scan the TP. This techneque works for both C-Band and KU band signals.

That's good idea and much useful for newbies.Nice thread for them and us.

Regards.
    " 李俊明 Born To Help People "

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

use your dreambox, if you have wifi.

take your laptop on the roof, browse through your dreambox web-interface and click on "zoom", there you will see the signal.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

I've been in this sat section for 8 years I've started this from 18 yrs of age.First i've used
    a analouge receiver to tune a bird but after few months later I've changed a digital receiver to tune a bird.That's more easy and quick to find a sat.In my first day of track a sat , i've spent 3 days of tracking all sats for 8 feet dish.But after one year later I take 20 minutes to tune all birds for 8 feet.Sometimes it took 5 mins.

I think , the easy way to tune a bird is U should exactly know the changing of Signal Strength (Not mean quality strength) .If it's near a Sat the Signal Strength will change while u tracking .I'm tracking a sat with my PBI receiver , it's very good to tune . In my region noone use Sat Tracker or other material to tracking a Satellite.All we use this kind of method.

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by boknoy_ph View Post
    use your dreambox, if you have wifi.

take your laptop on the roof, browse through your dreambox web-interface and click on "zoom", there you will see the signal.
    Can you please elaborate on this please? Do you need internet for this?

Or you just connect the dreambox to wifi, and then take the Laptop to the roof top and then move the Dish and then you get to see the signel streangth gaining or dropping?
    ::\Dish TV India::90Cms MCBS Dish Hooked to ABS-1 and Edusat and May be Insat 4CR in the Near Future::

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

no need for internet, just your own local wifi. simply connect your dm to your router with wifi, your laptop to router via wifi and tune your dish in real time without the wires.
    CCcam 2.1.4

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

no need for internet, just your own local wifi. simply connect your dm to your router with wifi, your laptop to router via wifi and tune your dish in real time without the wires.

That's very useful method for us.Much appreciate for this BBB.

By the way , can we control everything from our Lappino to Dm ? Exp. for Tp add , delete , etc...

Thx.

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

What about those guys who donot own a DM and who donot have satellite trackers via sound..
    What do you guys do to track a satellite if you cannot lug your TV to your roof?

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

if you cannot bring tv or laptop to the roof, then get a sat meter, or have somebody shout from downstairs once you hit the sweet spot, lol.

@yan,

yeah, basically everything can be controlled from the web-interface.
    CCcam 2.1.4

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

@yan,

yeah, basically everything can be controlled from the web-interface.

Thx. alot brother.Alot of questions will bring to u when I'll try it . Plz. give me a favor BigBrotherBok.

Regards.

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Some Tracking Tips

This is a Tip for those users having a Dreambox and a Echolink stb or any stb capable of blind scan and a motorized dish.

First of all i think most of the dreambox 500s users are using a clone box which when comes to scanning is quite a lame duck, untill i came across this plugin called " Adenin Satellite finder ". After installing it , the dream box acts as a satellite finder in the true sense of the word.

First select any of the satellites that are tuned to your box, and the plugin will show the signal strength in dbs. Now start moving the dish.. keep any frequency .. doesnt matter.. signal will drop to 0.0 - 0.1 db. This means zero signal. keep moving the dish until you get 0.2-0.3 db. on any frequency doesnt matter. When you get 0.2 03 0.3 signal then put on your blindscan receiver. You will surely find a satellite there . I have been able to get hard to get satellites and feeds by this method

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

PLI has built-in sat finder plugin.
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default sat finder

I am a die hard nabilo fan :P havent even seen the PLi image as yet!

but this sat finder plugin is really good

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Thanks for the tip

Thread Information