Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Need NTFS Ghost & Dos version.

hello buddies anyone know how to make the ghost file of ntfs windows like windows2003 server or x.p on ntfs etc.cuz fat32 ghost dosent work on ntfs i mean ntfs has its specific Dos vresion plz guide me and give me softwares ..
    thanx in advance
    Im NoT InSaNe ,U r InSaNe , U r All InSaNe....

Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Ghost

Hey Man..

Well Its after a long time being here... Well Man Comming to your problem...

Well You just Need Acronis True Image... Which is the Fastest Way to Create and Restore your Image .. I Think it works For NTFS as well Please read the Download Page Detail... .. Well You need to download it from

http://download.acronis.com/TrueImag...er8.0_s_en.exe

And Serial Key is:- MQWBJ-872FR-QGNS3-S6LY3-K9GWK or

GR98L-3EG8R-WDH4A-WTMDW-GUNGB

For Dos Mode You need to Create a Bootable Disk.. which has a very User Fruendly Wizard... I hope you wont have any Problem in using it...

Well Hope for the best..

All The best....

Waqar Hussain
    Get the Truth Before the Truth Gets You !

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

thnx for ur reply m8 .this software is of 65 mb which u mentioned above.the ghost of fat32 is only 1mb i want to make ghost image of windows2003 server ntfs .and fat 32 ghost dosent show the ntfs partition .do u think tht after download this 65mb software i will be able to run it on dos mode or it will let me make ghost in windows mode.?i want to ask tht did u try b4 this software.?did u make any ghost image of ntfs partition by using this software.?thanx again ,.
    im looking forward for ur reply.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

this will not run on dos mode. it has to be run on windows mode, then you can copy only the hard disk which is not being used (like a slave) to another hdd. try drive image for xp from http://www.woundedmoon.org/win32/drv...setup_2.2.html what this does is copy your partition information, and all the files. sort of like a backup. then you can install that same image over to another hdd of your choosing. and it's free.

i'll try to look for a valid ghost9 link for you when i have the time.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

thnx buddies but these softwares are so much complex not light like norton ghost can u tell me any which can simple boot n make image of my ntfs partition.i will be thanxful to u ..

Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Hi baba4u

Ghost can handle NTFS of course. But you need a newer version. Just use Norten Ghost 2003. Make a live update to be sure, that even more function will be supported like S-ATA discs. It run in Windows of course, but you can make this things:

You have to install so or so a programm in windows. Only than you can:

1. Start the wizzard and select your backup options, then the computer will restart and run in dos mode, but it even handle ntfs than
    2. With the same wizzard you can create boot discs. mostly 1 or 2 and start from the disc drive.

Then you're also able to slecet source and target drive. Hope this help.

Greetings

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by tuvix007
    Hi baba4u

Ghost can handle NTFS of course. But you need a newer version. Just use Norten Ghost 2003. Make a live update to be sure, that even more function will be supported like S-ATA discs. It run in Windows of course, but you can make this things:

You have to install so or so a programm in windows. Only than you can:

1. Start the wizzard and select your backup options, then the computer will restart and run in dos mode, but it even handle ntfs than
    2. With the same wizzard you can create boot discs. mostly 1 or 2 and start from the disc drive.

Then you're also able to slecet source and target drive. Hope this help.

Greetings
    can u give me a direct link to download or email me the software.?cuz i can not download it from its site.

Thread Information