Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Help me Jtaging this beasty FTA receiver, pls!

I own this Telestar Srs 1 - FTA sat receiver gived to me by a friend of mine. I tried to patch it's firmware by downloading others firmware with a Rs232<->TTL converter build from my hands and it worked great. A day I made a mistake and I lost communication with the Rs232/TTL part of the mainboard so I decided to build a Jtag for resurrecting the dead cpu/flash. I was not able yet to make the Wall and jKeys work with this beasty receiver 'cause I think I need to modify something hardware to gain access to flash and reprogram it, it isn't true?

Pls, if any one of the gurus of this forum know this or similar receiver can PM me and explain what I'm wrong with Wall and jKeys? Tnx in advance from Italy. Kind regards and sorry for my poor English.

CPU: STx 5118 ALB - 216 pin
    DEVICE ID: 2D427041
    FLASH CHIP: M29W160ET (2MB)
    SDRAM: A2V28S40TCP (16MB)

Thanks very much to anyone will help me and this dead FTA receiver!

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Hi there, I found that pin# 130 and pin# 131 on the ST 5518 ALB maybe will do some kind of Reset aware the Flash Rom SST M29W160ET (I'm not able to find the BFL / BFR in the 5105 datasheet I suppose Pin-Compatible with the ST 5118, but I'm afraid to use these 2 pins 'cause I don't know if put via GND or via +3.3Vcc ?!? For example, the pin# 131 is that one with the little round copper pad between the ST 5118 ALB and the 27Mhz Crystal in this picture.

Pls your precious opinion about that, pls...
    Best regards from Italy, Thanks in Advance, hear you soon!

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Hi all, any tips about Jtag procedure for resurrect the St 5118 alb will be accepted too, TNX in advance, bye bye from Italy.

Thread Information