Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 16 EUR (16%)
Donate to support this site...

RDI - Board Default Avatar

Default INTERNET SPEED.....!

hi friends,

i want your expert views on " INTERNET SPEED " in WIN XP PROFESSIONAL. is there any software which can make the INTERNET SPEED better than normal. what softwares, we should keep to be able the WINDOW perfect, safe and lite. name the ONE SOFTWARE that do everything (protection from viruses, spywares & etc) instead of more softwares and at the same time WINDOW does not be slow.
    do you have something for a MODEL WIN XP PROFESSIONAL.
    I'm waiting for your precious comments and suggestions.

Bletchley Park Code Breaking Lab
    Posts Thanks / Likes

You can make your drives work better by changing them from basic to dynamic mode. You can make your internet faster by changing to a faster provider lol

I'm using XP Pro service pack 2....

No problems with my speed

If Evolution works, why so many idiots?

Platinum member Expert
    29°20'N 47°59'E
    Posts Thanks / Likes

there is no such thing as a cure-for-all kind of software. im running winxp on sp2 too. the trick to have it run as smoothly as possible is to defrag every now and then, run your antivirus, have some firewall and anti-spyware. this of course, needs extra ram on your end.

as for internet speed, it is dependent on a lot of factor, like server load, the quality of line and your service provider capacity or throughput. true, they may give you a 1mb connection speed, but the actual throughput might be less than that, so hunt for the best service from your location, ask others for opinions.

windows products, as all other softwares are evolving products and you have to continually update it so that you may be better protected and safe, also better performing.

in the end, it's how you use your box that counts.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Thread Information