Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Mentor
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Help:asifde single solution lnb and frequency +++

hi
    after reading http://www.********.ro/f2/viewtopic.p...r=asc&start=40 ............
    as u said that u do not need to change the polarity .............. so what would be the change of frequency in this case:
    like if i m getting 3716 V 20600-3/4 on panamsat with single solution lnb

then what would be the changed frequency for 3730 H 26470-3/4 with the same single solution lnb ..........

plus if i want to have something like this will it be possible :

1) Asia Sat + NSS 6 satellite
    2) Panamsat 10 + Thaicom-3+ Insat 2-E ( and may be one other satellite)
    3) Hotbird + Arabsat + Eutelsat ( and may be paksat too )

Plus how many channels u r getting on Arabsat

Plus what can be the distance from the Dish ( A/b switch) to the receiver that would not have an effect on the sgnal quality

Note : At this time i have only one single solution lnb which i m not using
    so how many more i would need ..........

thanks in advance

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

asifde is it possible to have one single solution C band lnb and other ku band lnb connected to A/B switch and then to the diseq one port .........

bye

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: asifde single solution lnb and frequency +++

Quote Originally Posted by superia4u
    hi
    after reading http://www.********.ro/f2/viewtopic.p...r=asc&start=40 ............
    as u said that u do not need to change the polarity .............. so what would be the change of frequency in this case:
    like if i m getting 3716 V 20600-3/4 on panamsat with single solution lnb

then what would be the changed frequency for 3730 H 26470-3/4 with the same single solution lnb ..........

plus if i want to have something like this will it be possible :

1) Asia Sat + NSS 6 satellite
    2) Panamsat 10 + Thaicom-3+ Insat 2-E ( and may be one other satellite)
    3) Hotbird + Arabsat + Eutelsat ( and may be paksot too )

Plus how many channels u r getting on Arabsat

Plus what can be the distance from the Dish ( A/b switch) to the receiver that would not have an effect on the sgnal quality

Note : At this time i have only one single solution lnb which i m not using
    so how many more i would need ..........

thanks in advance
    You have put many qestions at a time any way here are all answers 4U,
    1. yes you can use single solution LNB without changing the polarity by Ver or Hor switching. If you are receiving the frequency 3716 V 20600-3/4 on panamsat with single solution lnb then there are two way to get frequency 3730 H 26470-3/4 with the same single solution lnb,
    a. Add a new satellite Panamsat in your receiver and in antina setting put the LNB frequency 05750 in place of 05150 and then put 03730 and other Hor frequencies of panamsat. Now you will receive all Hor frequencies with out changing the polarity by Hor, Ver switching. Just you have to put all Ver frequencies in Panamsat with LNB frequency 05150 and all Hor frequencies in Panamsat with LNB frequency with 05750.
    b. 2nd method is this ,
    If you are receiving the frequency 3716 V 20600-3/4 on panamsat with single solution lnb then you can receive 03730 frequency by subtract it with 600. 03730- 600=03130. Now if you will put frequency 03130 you will receive the same channels which you are receiving with 03730 without Hor switching. Now you have to converte all Hor frequencies by this method. For 03863 Hor you can put 03263 and 03837= 03237, 04090=03490. Through this way you have no need to make two Pamamsat satellites in your receiver just you have to change the frequencies for Hor channels in the same satellite.

2. Yes it is possible to get Asia Sat + NSS 6 satellite on one dish and Panamsat 10 + Thaicom-3+ Insat 2-E ( and may be one other satellite) on one dish. Even I am gettinng all these satellites with one 8ft dish.
    But it is hard to get your third combination, Hotbird + Arabsat + Eutelsat ( and may be paksot too ). You can get Hotbird + Arabsat + Eutelsat or you can get Hotbird + Arabsat + Pak.sat. But you can try your combination by keeping dish centre at Arabsat if your location is good towords Eutelsat. My location is not good so I have not tried this cmbination.

3. I am receiving all channels which are on A rabsat 2D and I am not receiving those channels which are on arabsat 2,3A.

4. My distance from the Dish ( A/b switch) to the receiver is 20 mtrs but I think if you use good cable you can get good result by using the cable upto 50 mtrs.

5. You can use single solution LNB with Asiast 3S and Panapsat easily but you can not use it with Thaicom by above given method.

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

asifde - you are really a master of Dish TV.

It is now acknwledged

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

asifde - you are really a master of Sattelite TV.

It is now acknowledged.

I have single LNB for Thaicom 2 / 3 for 3585 V 26667 for ETC Music channels

I want to see channels on 3600 H 26667. Plz confirm this is correct?

a) method 1

Change LNB setting 5750 in place of 5150 by adding new sattelite for this frequency

b) Method 2

By putting 3000 H 26667 frequency in place of 3600 H 26667? is this correct and workable.

Waiting your early reply

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: asifde single solution lnb and frequency +++

1. yes you can use single solution LNB without changing the polarity by Ver or Hor switching. If you are receiving the frequency 3716 V 20600-3/4 on panamsat with single solution lnb then there are two way to get frequency 3730 H 26470-3/4 with the same single solution lnb,
    a. Add a new satellite Panamsat in your receiver and in antina setting put the LNB frequency 05750 in place of 05150 and then put 03730 and other Hor frequencies of panamsat. Now you will receive all Hor frequencies with out changing the polarity by Hor, Ver switching. Just you have to put all Ver frequencies in Panamsat with LNB frequency 05150 and all Hor frequencies in Panamsat with LNB frequency with 05750.
    b. 2nd method is this ,
    If you are receiving the frequency 3716 V 20600-3/4 on panamsat with single solution lnb then you can receive 03730 frequency by subtract it with 600. 03730- 600=03130. Now if you will put frequency 03130 you will receive the same channels which you are receiving with 03730 without Hor switching. Now you have to converte all Hor frequencies by this method. For 03863 Hor you can put 03263 and 03837= 03237, 04090=03490. Through this way you have no need to make two Pamamsat satellites in your receiver just you have to change the frequencies for Hor channels in the same satellite.
    thanks ........ it is a very clear answer ..... i really appreciate ur way of answering .......... thanks again for such a nice answer

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

2. Yes it is possible to get Asia Sat + NSS 6 satellite on one dish and Panamsat 10 + Thaicom-3+ Insat 2-E ( and may be one other satellite) on one dish. Even I am gettinng all these satellites with one 8ft dish.
    But it is hard to get your third combination, Hotbird + Arabsat + Eutelsat ( and may be paksot too ). You can get Hotbird + Arabsat + Eutelsat or you can get Hotbird + Arabsat + Pak.sat. But you can try your combination by keeping dish centre at Arabsat if your location is good towords Eutelsat. My location is not good so I have not tried this cmbination.
    ok thanks ....... well most probably i need the Asia Sat-3+ NSS 6 and Panamsat 10 + Thaicom 3 + Insat 2E combinations ...................
    i would not try for arabsat+hotbird ( i already have hotbird) becasue we cannot get all the channels of of Arabsat 3A ....... and like the channels which are on ABS 3 A ................
    4. My distance from the Dish ( A/b switch) to the receiver is 20 mtrs but I think if you use good cable you can get good result by using the cable upto 50 mtrs.
    ok
    5. You can use single solution LNB with Asiast 3S and Panapsat easily but you can not use it with Thaicom by above given method
    ok

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

asifde ......... one thing is still confusing me ............ and that is :

can i use the combination like this :

One C Band ( LNBF) + other KU Band ( LNBF)

or KU Band ( LNBF) + KU Band ( LNBF)

or is it all the time Single Solution Lnbs which should be used

At this time i only have one Single Solution LNB ....................

and what is the reason of it not working with a LNBF C Band Lnb

thanks in advance for answer

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by fay_DTH
    asifde - you are really a master of Sattelite TV.

It is now acknowledged.

I have single LNB for Thaicom 2 / 3 for 3585 V 26667 for ETC Music channels

I want to see channels on 3600 H 26667. Plz confirm this is correct?

a) method 1

Change LNB setting 5750 in place of 5150 by adding new sattelite for this frequency

b) Method 2

By putting 3000 H 26667 frequency in place of 3600 H 26667? is this correct and workable.

Waiting your early reply
    Thanks fay_DTH for your coments.
    As you wrote it is some confusing for me, you have wrote that you hav a single LNB for Thaicom. If you mean by it that single pin LNB then you can not get Hor channels by using any method you can get Hor channels only by moving the LNB polarity manually.
    If you mean by it single solution LNB then as I told to superia4u that it can not be use for thaicom satellite because most of thaicom frequencies are very low to the range of single solution LNB. You can use it for Asiasat 3s and PAS 7/10 successfully.

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by superia4u
    asifde is it possible to have one single solution C band lnb and other ku band lnb connected to A/B switch and then to the diseq one port .........

bye
    It is not possible to use Ku band LNB with A/B switch and also you can not connect any C band LNBF with A/B switch. If you will connect it you could use it as a single pin LNB and can not get both Ver and Hor polarities through it because both LNBF and A/B switch are work with switching of 14/18 volt. If you will connect LNBF with 14 volt Pin of A/B switch you will get ony Ver polarity because A/B switch will pass only 14 volt to LNB so Hor pin of LNBF can not work with 14 volt and same is for 18 volt pin of A/B switch It will pass 18 volt to LNB so only Hor pin will work and Ver pin of LNBF will not work.
    You can use two single solution LNBs with A/B switch or one single solution LNB and one single pin LNB with A/B switch.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

asifde such a nice information and guide about Multi LNB installation..
    Asifde why dont u write an artical about Multi LNB installation and tips about Satellite searching...
    I think it should be very helpfull for us .
    And yes Mentors and Administrators should make your post as a Sticky

It is just a suggestion from me...
    Take care

Gold Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Don't suggest more sticky topics,,we already missing a very important topic from Lovebird
    by the way Asifde is a "sticky" member of RDI
    I appreciate Asifde's hard work and keen interest for RDI members
    Fte Max 100S
    Humax IRCI-5400z
    Asiasat 3S,NSS 6,Insat 4B,Thaicom2/5,Intelsat7/10,HB 6/7A/8

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Thanks sir masood and aqeelraza for your comments. I am just a learner of satellite world. I am Allways here to tell anything to other friends which I know.

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

It is not possible to use Ku band LNB with A/B switch and also you can not connect any C band LNBF with A/B switch. If you will connect it you could use it as a single pin LNB and can not get both Ver and Hor polarities through it because both LNBF and A/B switch are work with switching of 14/18 volt. If you will connect LNBF with 14 volt Pin of A/B switch you will get ony Ver polarity because A/B switch will pass only 14 volt to LNB so Hor pin of LNBF can not work with 14 volt and same is for 18 volt pin of A/B switch It will pass 18 volt to LNB so only Hor pin will work and Ver pin of LNBF will not work.
    You can use two single solution LNBs with A/B switch or one single solution LNB and one single pin LNB with A/B switch.
    oh i see ...... thanks for the explanation ..............
    actually i had tried the A/B method with my dishes ...... but i could not succeed .......... now i have come to know the exact reason ..........
    as u have made out the point of Single Solution Lnb ........

I do not think that we would be able to connect two LNF KU LNBs with with a A/B switch ........ anyhow this method is very good for C band single solution LNBs .........

one thing more i want to ask .......
    As u mentioned that Thaicom frequencies cannot be viewed through this method ........... as it has low frequencies ......... so will some frequencies on Panamsat 10 and Asia Sat-3 also have the same problem ............

bye

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

[quote="superia4u"]
    one thing more i want to ask .......
    As u mentioned that Thaicom frequencies cannot be viewed through this method ........... as it has low frequencies ......... so will some frequencies on Panamsat 10 and Asia Sat-3 also have the same problem ............

bye
    Yes you can not receive low frequencies of any satellite through single solution LNB. But on Asiasat 3S and PAS 7/10 all good channels frequencies are with in the frequency range of single solution LNB.

Thread Information