Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Give Me A Favour

Sorry to start with a Offtopic.But this is the first step to do for me.

Yesterday I got adsl connection and I intend to CS with my DM to my friends.So, firstly I need to install a Router and attach to my Lappino and Modem.Router and Pc r successfully connected but not internet connection.So I can't forward to next step of installing the Router.So , what will be the problem and how could i solve this ? Plz. teach to me my friends coz. this is my first time to try this CS.

Thx.
    " 李俊明 Born To Help People "

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

R-D-I SPONSOR Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by yan naing View Post
    Sorry to start with a Offtopic.But this is the first step to do for me.

Yesterday I got adsl connection and I intend to CS with my DM to my friends.So, firstly I need to install a Router and attach to my Lappino and Modem.Router and Pc r successfully connected but not internet connection.So I can't forward to next step of installing the Router.So , what will be the problem and how could i solve this ? Plz. teach to me my friends coz. this is my first time to try this CS.

Thx.
    Once you have got the adsl connection working

Send us a Pm and we shall test yr ADSL - hehehehe

I have everything from 68.5 east upto 148 east full for u to test

HaHa

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by anishpsla View Post
    Need more clarification in your post. Mostly, the modeam itself a router. You need to setup a username and password for connection (PPPoE). If you need to

http://www.tuning.co.in/bsnl-data-on...-the-solution/

I hope this will help you. I am sharing my connetions like this. But I am very weak in writing about it. If I am in your home, then I can setup all the cables,wires and network connection settings.

If you can't setup as per the tutorial then post your doubts. Many experts like bok will help you.

Thx. alot brother , it'll help me alot.
    I mean My PC and Adsl modem didn't attach when i use router between them.PC and Adsl modem ok but PC-Router-Modem not ok.

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by EDIRECT View Post
    Once you have got the adsl connection working

Send us a Pm and we shall test yr ADSL - hehehehe

I have everything from 68.5 east upto 148 east full for u to test

HaHa

Not too fast like in ur country but this is the highest one in our country.Anyhow , definitely I'll contact u when I get online with Dm.

Thx.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

i need more details, in relation to your hardware.

which kind of modem are you using? considering that if you connect your modem directly to the pc, you get internet, and if you connect the modem directly to the router, then your pc does not have internet connection, then you have to do some configuration on the modem and router itself.

disconnect router from modem first, connect connect your router to your pc. from the pc, see if you can access the configuration page (usually 192.168.1.1 will be the default, read your router manual) and look around if you can find bridging/bridge mode. enable bridge mode, and enter your ADSL/ISP user name and password and all other details (you may have to call your provider for this) such as encapsulation, etc. once you have done that, save and turn off your router. connect modem to router, and turn on router. what the bridging mode does is that it will relay the connection from your modem to the router and to your pc. the router will dial the username/pass to your modem/isp and get internet connection. also remember to configure your pc lan connection to point to the IP of your router as the default gateway, or simply enable DHCP from your router (turn if off from the modem if you like) and set DHCP on your lan connection too.

let's settle with that for now, pending confirmation of which hardware you are using.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by boknoy_ph View Post
    i need more details, in relation to your hardware.

which kind of modem are you using? considering that if you connect your modem directly to the pc, you get internet, and if you connect the modem directly to the router, then your pc does not have internet connection, then you have to do some configuration on the modem and router itself.

disconnect router from modem first, connect connect your router to your pc. from the pc, see if you can access the configuration page (usually 192.168.1.1 will be the default, read your router manual) and look around if you can find bridging/bridge mode. enable bridge mode, and enter your ADSL/ISP user name and password and all other details (you may have to call your provider for this) such as encapsulation, etc. once you have done that, save and turn off your router. connect modem to router, and turn on router. what the bridging mode does is that it will relay the connection from your modem to the router and to your pc. the router will dial the username/pass to your modem/isp and get internet connection. also remember to configure your pc lan connection to point to the IP of your router as the default gateway, or simply enable DHCP from your router (turn if off from the modem if you like) and set DHCP on your lan connection too.

let's settle with that for now, pending confirmation of which hardware you are using.

Thx. Sir Boknoy , yes I want to know this one.I'm using D-Link Router and my ADSL Modem is Midas AR2+B.Still I can't install the router coz. router's driver always reject when it's reach to ask internet connection.Anyhow , later I'll try this again and tell u my result.Much appreciate ur help Big Brother Bok ( In future I'll call u BBB )

Regards.
    Yan.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

i have not heard of that kind of modem. which d-link router do you have?

you have to configure your dlink router to dial your modem. disable dhcp on the dlink router since it will create a conflict if you have dhcp on the midas modem too). we need more details on the d-link if it indeed can be used as a bridge.
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by yan naing View Post
    Thx. Sir Boknoy , yes I want to know this one.I'm using D-Link Router and my ADSL Modem is Midas AR2+B.Still I can't install the router coz. router's driver always reject when it's reach to ask internet connection.Anyhow , later I'll try this again and tell u my result.Much appreciate ur help Big Brother Bok ( In future I'll call u BBB )

Regards.
    Yan.
    Dear yan,

srry for ,i don't check rdi. i will give u 2 way.

1. you need to know ur computer ip address, subnet, gateway ( e.g, 10.x.x.x , 255.x.x.x, 10.x.x.x).
    2. write down they all to on paper.
    3. u need to know DNS , this is depent on our isp ( MPT & Bagannet(MTP). )
    MPT is don't need DNS . but bagan is need DNS . 203.81.71.69 and 203.81.71.73 is bagan DNS.

and then .. Unplugg ur ADSL modem to your PC network connection .
    and then .. Plug router to pc ( network cable ).

and then... u need to change your pc ip address to optain ip address to automatic. ( control pannel > network connections > Local area connection (anything like that) > Right click > property > choose Internet protocol (TCP/IP) > click to properties > choose to optain ipaddress auto.

and then ok , ok to exit box.

4. then ur router to assign ipaddress to ur pc.
    next step is u need to know what is give ipaddress for ur pc from ur router .

start > run > type " cmd " , and then u will see black screen , Dos mode.

( u will see " c:\document and settings\... " , like that ).

if u see this screen to type " ipconfig " and then , u will see your IP address , subnet, gateway.

u can compare this ip and our isp ip address.

if you see ip address and important is u need to know gateway address .
    general router gateway address is ( 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.254 ) or ( 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.0.254) .

if u see this address , u will success 50% ..

and then . finally u will setting to router .

router configure. ,

open internet brower ( IE or firefox or opera or some). but u hav IE (default).

1. open IE .
    2. type address bar in ur gateway ipaddress ( e.g, http://192.168.1.1 )
    3. if you ok , u will see login box .
    general router user name and password is " admin and admin , admin and blank , root and blank" .
    but it's not difficult for u . it's so easy. becoz u can refer book in router ) . so search in user name & password .

4. and then . , read to following link and u can test it ( it's emulator for testing).

http://support.dlink.com/emulators/WBR2310/wan.htm

Important is Wan IP address , subnet , gateway, dns ( wan ip is 10.x.x.x , 255.x.x.x,10.x.x.x )

. ok.. difficult for ur config, u can ask me by ph.
    don't mention about it.

Regards,
    Hein Lynn
    I follow the worldwide rule "Sharing is Caring"

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by heinlynn View Post
    Dear yan,

srry for ,i don't check rdi. i will give u 2 way.

1. you need to know ur computer ip address, subnet, gateway ( e.g, 10.x.x.x , 255.x.x.x, 10.x.x.x).
    2. write down they all to on paper.
    3. u need to know DNS , this is depent on our isp ( MPT & Bagannet(MTP). )
    MPT is don't need DNS . but bagan is need DNS . 203.81.71.69 and 203.81.71.73 is bagan DNS.

and then .. Unplugg ur ADSL modem to your PC network connection .
    and then .. Plug router to pc ( network cable ).

and then... u need to change your pc ip address to optain ip address to automatic. ( control pannel > network connections > Local area connection (anything like that) > Right click > property > choose Internet protocol (TCP/IP) > click to properties > choose to optain ipaddress auto.

and then ok , ok to exit box.

4. then ur router to assign ipaddress to ur pc.
    next step is u need to know what is give ipaddress for ur pc from ur router .

start > run > type " cmd " , and then u will see black screen , Dos mode.

( u will see " c:\document and settings\... " , like that ).

if u see this screen to type " ipconfig " and then , u will see your IP address , subnet, gateway.

u can compare this ip and our isp ip address.

if you see ip address and important is u need to know gateway address .
    general router gateway address is ( 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.254 ) or ( 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.0.254) .

if u see this address , u will success 50% ..

and then . finally u will setting to router .

router configure. ,

open internet brower ( IE or firefox or opera or some). but u hav IE (default).

1. open IE .
    2. type address bar in ur gateway ipaddress ( e.g, http://192.168.1.1 )
    3. if you ok , u will see login box .
    general router user name and password is " admin and admin , admin and blank , root and blank" .
    but it's not difficult for u . it's so easy. becoz u can refer book in router ) . so search in user name & password .

4. and then . , read to following link and u can test it ( it's emulator for testing).

http://support.dlink.com/emulators/WBR2310/wan.htm

Important is Wan IP address , subnet , gateway, dns ( wan ip is 10.x.x.x , 255.x.x.x,10.x.x.x )

. ok.. difficult for ur config, u can ask me by ph.
    don't mention about it.

Regards,
    Hein Lynn
    bro hein lynn.U r really one of the great in networking.
    thx a lot for u r post.I get many knowledge in this post.
    Stop Using Plastic Bags!
    Using 5R to Protect Our Green Planet
    Reduce,Reuse,Recycle,Reject & Return

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by mintun View Post
    bro hein lynn.U r really one of the great in networking.
    thx a lot for u r post.I get many knowledge in this post.

Ko Min Tun,

I'm not great . I wish if i want to know a little , i want to share to all. so, i also learn from here . ..
    I follow the worldwide rule "Sharing is Caring"

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Millions of thx Ko Heinlinn.I'll trying as ur teach and then I'll tell u my result.

Regards.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by heinlynn View Post

Ko Min Tun,

I'm not great . I wish if i want to know a little , i want to share to all. so, i also learn from here . ..
    Really appreciate ur figure Ko Heinlynn.

Now I can configure my router and much appreciate ur patient & help. Keep up ur good job here and also thanks for teaching me in this section.

Regards.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Also I can successfully connect with my phone.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Now my brother Sir Boknoy (BBB) , I wanna connect my DM online and how to do at all.Plz. teach me again coz. tomorrow I'll test it.I really want ur advise before I start to do.

Thx.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

you have to do basically the same as what you did to your computer to connect to the internet.

1. connect the ethernet cable to your router
    2. configure your dreambox either to get IP via DHCP or static IP (via menu/setup/expert settings)
    3. set your gateway IP
    4. save and exit

and you're done... your dreambox should be able to connect to the servers, be it cardsharing or the downloads for updates and plugins.
    CCcam 2.1.4

Thread Information