Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Master
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Talking Eurobird & HotBird replacing and launching

Eurobird & HotBird replacing and launching :

1 -Hot Bird 9 which will be launched on November 14th, 2008 and HotBird 10 due to be launched on February 20th, 2009.

2 -In February 2009 eutelsat plans to move the Eurobird 9 satellite from its current position at 9 degrees east to 36 degrees east and to change its name to Eutelsat W4A.

3 -At 9 degrees east the Eurobird 9 will be replaced by the Hot Bird 7A satellite, currently positioned at 13 degrees east.

4 -In September 2009 Eutelsat plans to replace the aging Sesat1 and Eutelsat W4A satellites, currently at 36 degrees east with a new satellite called Eutelsat W7.

5 -With the entry of the Eutelsat W7 , both W4A and Eutelsat Sesat1 satellite will be moved to a new unkonwn position,bcoz it will be one of the most powerful satellite ever built, with 70 transponders in Ku-band.

6 -The Hot Bird 7A satellite, currently positioned at 13 degrees east will be re-located and positioned at 9 degrees east only after a successful launch of the Hot Bird 10.

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

So means BAD news for ASIANS....

I dont think anyone will cover INDIA..... or Pakistan...

As currently Hotbird 7A signal is very good for INDIA... may be after the movememnt we will not receive 13E

Do you have any news after changing the position of 7A to 9 degree what will be left at 13E position ?
    Last edited by Bangalore; 7th October 2008 at 18:47.

Senior Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default lets see what happens

yes it will be disaster news for asian ,if hb7a moves to 9 , well we r lucky that euro bird 9 can be watched in pakistan so we hope that what ever happens in future will be good for us, as far as hotbird satellite is concerened .

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Not all parts of Pakistan. If you are able to receive in Pakistan than we can get Hotbird 9 in NORTH part of INDIA..

In present situation also HOTBIRD 8 is not accessable in every part of pakistan....

Only you get Hotbird 8 near AFGAN border

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

@ANISH I dont think its good news you cannot receive eithere of the 2 satellites

n00b Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Asallam 2 all my rdi bros i miss rdi so much m back after few years off from rdi & i m back with alot of questions for my rdi bros

n00b Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

well i setup hotbird after 2 years again from my old dish but i m not geting good signal from hotbird now dish is ok i cant get 12577 & 12597 frqs & few more frqs 2 years back i was geting 12577 about 40% & 12597 about 50% i also try 2 setup eurobird on 9 e but i cant get it does any guy in pak reaily geting 9e my location is peshawar most of frqs on 9e is same as 13 east very hard for me seting up so does any bro reaily setup this dont tell me about coverge pic etc
    any 1 try 2 setup 2nd lnb in side of 13e if he reciveing 9e

Thread Information