if your serial port doesn't want to open, check:
1. do you have the correct cable?
2. do you have the correct loader?
3. have you configured properly your ports to be the same port used by the loader? look at the port configuration from control panel.
4. have you followed these steps?
1. Use a cross connection(2-3,3-2 & 5-5)cable to upgrade.
2. Keep box in OFF(by switching ON/OFF from back pannel) or standby mode .
3. Open the latest loader application.
4. Configure port setting and browze the firmware file.
5. Press "Next" button , put your box in ON mode and wait for few seconds while downloading in progress.
6. Push the "Finished" button after successfully installation.
7. Make factory default,,,,,(optional)
8. To enable Emulation go to Menu and type 2020 and to disable Emulation type 2020 "CAS system disabled" message will apear.
9. Default Password is 0000