Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Member Mentor
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re sharing CCCAM

Is it possible to re share cccam within the same LAN ?
    DM 600+80GB DM 7020+160GB+ LED 55"

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

not if you are not allowed from the source to give another hop.

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by felicianf View Post
    Is it possible to re share cccam within the same LAN ?
    ground hog day

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by anishpsla View Post
    But definitly, you can share the same C line on the same network.
    In GBOX, we get authentication from the GBOX sever only if the request is coming from the registered IP address i.e. when we create a dyndns account, that URL is fed in the GBOX server and then we get the keys

IN CCcam; however, I think there is no such authentication ... does that mean that if someone comes to know of my Cline - which, of course, is working and the username & password is authenticated by the CCcam server - then can he use it on his DM

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by francais_canada View Post
    IN CCcam; however, I think there is no such authentication ... does that mean that if someone comes to know of my Cline - which, of course, is working and the username & password is authenticated by the CCcam server - then can he use it on his DM
    yes, so it's up to your cccam server provider to filter out if he notices multiple connections from your account on different IPs.

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by anishpsla View Post
    Gbox is a two way server and CCcam is one way like Newcamd and others. So no need for such a setup.
    Then how can we assure the security of our CCcam account I mean if the security gets compromised, and someone comes to know of the Username & password; the CCcam admin can ban us of using one login on multiple locations

Question # 1 ...... if one account is being used at 2 different locations; will it make any difference to the performance i.e. freezing of the picture, jerks in video, etc.

Question # 2 .... can both of the guys view different channels from different satellites using one account

Question # 3 .... can we put a security check in order to safeguard our account information

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

1. yes
    2. yes, but will have the effect of question #1.
    3. no. but as long as you are not using the default password on your dreambox, closed off all other ports from within your network which is not needed by your dreambox or any service, have a pretty good firewall to match to keep intruders out, you and your passwords will be a bit safe.

R-D-I SPONSOR Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by francais_canada View Post
    Then how can we assure the security of our CCcam account I mean if the security gets compromised, and someone comes to know of the Username & password; the CCcam admin can ban us of using one login on multiple locations

Question # 1 ...... if one account is being used at 2 different locations; will it make any difference to the performance i.e. freezing of the picture, jerks in video, etc.

Question # 2 .... can both of the guys view different channels from different satellites using one account

Question # 3 .... can we put a security check in order to safeguard our account information
    YOU CANNOT SECURE - ( IMPOSSIBLE )

The server is also will log out accounts more than one and YES you will get freeze

IPS checks are also built in on most servers .

The Pro's also know WHO ARE THE PROVIDERS - hahahaha

R-D-I SPONSOR Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by starslap View Post
    1. yes
    2. yes, but will have the effect of question #1.
    3. no. but as long as you are not using the default password on your dreambox, closed off all other ports from within your network which is not needed by your dreambox or any service, have a pretty good firewall to match to keep intruders out, you and your passwords will be a bit safe.
    you cannot secure

Change pass means JACK

YOUR SERVER GUY could be provider and since the door is open for him to provide you access to his server he will have full access to yr box to check all the other accounts you have ?

Or much more bad thay i will not tell YOU

hehehehe

R-D-I SPONSOR Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default @francais_canada

@francais_canada

Why dont you just ask live on the forum

The name and address of all people who are selling CS
    this will save much time in all these questions

hahahaha

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by EDIRECT View Post
    @francais_canada

Why dont you just ask live on the forum

The name and address of all people who are selling CS
    this will save much time in all these questions

hahahaha
    THANKS Buddy I already have got 3 of them and I am utilizing their services on my DM500 and experimenting on my DM600PVR on my own

In actual, I just started to have a keen interest in all this when I bought another Receiver i.e. DM600PVR and then instead of asking any professional to work on it; just thought to work around a bit and do it on my own

So far, with the help of ALL you guys & particularly :

1. Boknoy_ph,
    2. Feleicanf,
    3. Big_pimpin,
    4. dreamboy70,
    5. EDIRECT,
    6. anishpsla,
    7. AND MANY OTHERS

I was able to learn a LOT in a matter of few days ONLY

In doing this exercise, where I continue to learn the art of Satellite watching; I am also interested in knowing the dark side of it too i.e. all the dangers associated with whatever I do The reason is the a few months before, I already have lost a DM500 - reason : unknown As I, myself, was a Novice at that time and did not know what happened to my DM500; whether it was the Sat guy whoch f*cked it up or it was a mere hard-luck BUT at that time I realized that if I would have known a bit of this technology, I would definitely have "saved" my DM

Thread Information