- how does the system work?
* you get the signal, the receiver reads the signal, finds the codes and shows the picture in your tv if you got it correctly.
- where is my receiver connecting to decode those channels.
*your receiver is the box attached to your tv. it is attached to a cable up to your dish to the lnb which receives the signal.
- is connecting to the internet updating the keys automaticaly?
*depends on your receiver. card-sharing usually does that. there are firmwares which has automatic key updates built-in.
- why is it that the same channel sometime opens and at other times it would be down?
*keys change quite often. or the server is down if you are on card sharing.
- why is it the the codes are given here manualy isnt there a certain server that can do that?
* read answer #3
- why do we need to update the softeware, shouldnt it be built in the system?
*this is a cat and mouse game. providers change the algo, scripters scramble to catch on. and the story continues......