Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Junior
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Question how does it work

hello everyone;

i am new to this site and this technology, i would like to thank the people administrating this site for all the information posted, and aplause them for the time given to keep it updated.
    i have adopted an interest to this tech. as soon as i have paid a big amount of money to install a satellite receiver that connects to the internet to open paid channels.

please excuse my ignorance by asking the following:

- how does the system work?
    - where is my receiver connecting to decode those channels.
    - is connecting to the internet updating the keys automaticaly?
    - why is it that the same channel sometime opens and at other times it would be down?
    - why is it the the codes are given here manualy isnt there a certain server that can do that?
    - why do we need to update the softeware, shouldnt it be built in the system?

again i do apologize for my ignorance, but i need to know how things work, instead of just guessing
    which is better, new age or stone age

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

* you get the signal, the receiver reads the signal, finds the codes and shows the picture in your tv if you got it correctly.

*your receiver is the box attached to your tv. it is attached to a cable up to your dish to the lnb which receives the signal.

*depends on your receiver. card-sharing usually does that. there are firmwares which has automatic key updates built-in.

- why is it that the same channel sometime opens and at other times it would be down?
    *keys change quite often. or the server is down if you are on card sharing.

- why is it the the codes are given here manualy isnt there a certain server that can do that?
    * read answer #3

*this is a cat and mouse game. providers change the algo, scripters scramble to catch on. and the story continues......

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by starslap View Post
    * you get the signal, the receiver reads the signal, finds the codes and shows the picture in your tv if you got it correctly.

*your receiver is the box attached to your tv. it is attached to a cable up to your dish to the lnb which receives the signal.

*depends on your receiver. card-sharing usually does that. there are firmwares which has automatic key updates built-in.

*keys change quite often. or the server is down if you are on card sharing.

* read answer #3

*this is a cat and mouse game. providers change the algo, scripters scramble to catch on. and the story continues......
    Thank you for your reply, as far as the sat is concerned i do understand the way it works, but my whole confusion is coming from the receiver and where is it getting the codes from.
    so if i get you right, sooner or later i will have to start puting in the codes manualy or update to a newer receiver, if for any reason the server my receiver is connecting to goes down. by the way my receiver is maxfly1000, but there is no place i can find a server address, it just shows me a screen that says it is connected and shows the signal strength.
    again thaks for the info bro.
    which is better, new age or stone age

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Thread Information