Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Webstream2db and dream7000

Hi, i've tryed this plugin(with webserver) but it seems work but as sooon as i select the channel vlc works, instead the screen of the tv channel on dream no....why?what do you know about...?

does another method exist to see stream channels form internet on decoder?

p.s. sorry for my bad english....

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

tried dreamview?
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by boknoy_ph View Post
    tried dreamview?
    i want see the online tv on internet (mms, http and p2p tv)on my dreambox, then can i do it with dreamview? i knew that this program could make to do the opposite(from dreamview to pc), instead i'm interestead in that comes from pc to decoder....if it's so, please say me how i have to do.....
    thanx in advavance

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

when i read your statements first, i understood it as you want to watch on your pc, using vlc. but it's the opposite. so yes, you can use vlc plugin on your dm to view whatever is on your pc archive. here's basically what you have to do.

from pc side:
    1. install vlc
    2. add --intf wxwin --extraintf=http on your vlc executable properties (right click on the vlc icon and hit properties).
    3. share your folder to the network
    4. run vlc

from dm side
    1. install vlc plugin
    2. edit vlcf.xml to reflect the IP and the drive letters and directories you shared from your pc.
    3. from your browser, access your dm IP and click on stream, settings, and change the drive letters of your target drive to reflect the ones you shared on the pc. save and exit.
    4. run vlc plugin (in gemini, it's on the blue pabel) browse for your file, and wait for it while buffering.

and yes, you do lose whatever channel you are watching on the tv when you use vlc on dm.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

i've made all and tried,with vlcf, a channel like Mcm france(creating an asx file and added to .xml)..but nothing..buffering starts until 6% ,after it stops and exits from the programm reapparing the previous normal channel on dream......i don't understand why....

the asx file works perfectly on my pc...and the same my video files in the dream with vlcf...only files of tv online no...
    Last edited by zizu82; 31st August 2008 at 16:04.

Thread Information