Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 16 EUR (16%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Junior
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default how can i Recording from dreambox

hi i have a dreambox 500s multimedia,how can i recording a movie on my computer,and what kind of softwear i need. tks

R-D-I SPONSOR Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by lubret View Post
    hi i have a dreambox 500s multimedia,how can i recording a movie on my computer,and what kind of softwear i need. tks
    Depends on what image you have but

First try this

1. find your pc lan ip!

2. Make sure your dreambox is connected to your LAN (start/run/cmd then type "ping 192.168.X.X)

3. Based on confirmed connection goto your pc and share the folders on c: root, so create a folder called "dreambox" and share it! Inside that dreambox folder create another folder called hdd again share it, then create another inside dreambox called movie this doesnt have to be shared. The path should look like this "c:/dreambox/hdd" & "c:/dreambox/movie" from your pc.

4. Now goto dreambox and expert setup > communication setup then "mount"

5. Enter the following ip:

internal ip of the pc
    Dir: dreambox

Localdir: /hdd

Options: rw

User root

Pass dreambox

automount ticked

then save!

6. Turn dreambox on/off goto expert settings to check mount is stored (communication setup/mount) and you may want to hit mount it will display a message.

Then record and check to see if it works!

THEN if the above has still not worked you may have to do the following

Before trying this, please note: You will need to login everytime you boot your pc! If your happy to punch in a password on boot up then continue!

on your pc give a guest account a password. (maybe worth creating your own admin pass too so you know your admin account NOTE: do not make your files private)

Then reboot the pc, you dont need to login into the guest account just login to your admin (main account)

Now in the mount setup "put the password" (user doesnt matter) that you created for the guest account on the pc.

Then try and mount

Hope that works for you

Thread Information