Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Member Master
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Accessing Dreambox from Internet

Assuming my DM500 IP is 192.168.0.55 ...... How can I access my DM500 from my office ...... I know what is the DSL IP of my Home DSL Gateway but when I type that IP in my browser, it opens the Login screen of my DSL Router ..... there must be a default Port of DM500 that I can use to control my DM500 from the internet

Moreover, how can I apply this from DCC 2.95

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

first, have your internal IP port traffic forwarded from within your router. and make sure you disable any conflicting services from your router to that port.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by francais_canada View Post
    Assuming my DM500 IP is 192.168.0.55 ...... How can I access my DM500 from my office ...... I know what is the DSL IP of my Home DSL Gateway but when I type that IP in my browser, it opens the Login screen of my DSL Router ..... there must be a default Port of DM500 that I can use to control my DM500 from the internet

change the default port on your dreambox from 80 to wot ever you want then on your router open that port you will need to open ports 21 and 8080 aswell then open the same ports on your firewall you will need to open a account at noip.com when you have that use the account and just put :the port you used for you dreambox

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

I have put my DM on the DMZ port of my Router ..... do I still have to forward any Ports Because I think, when we use DMZ, there is no need of Port Forwarding ...... if this really is the case, then how do I access my DM remotely

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

I have put my DM on the DMZ port of my Router ..... do I still have to forward any Ports Because I think, when we use DMZ, there is no need of Port Forwarding ...... if this really is the case, then how do I access my DM remotely
    forget dmz you need to be in virtual server menu in there put your dm ip and the ports check out portforward for info on your router.wot firmware for dreambox are you using.gp is shit best use pli

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

gemini is ok for starters. i shifted to pli and it's better in handling and performance (so far according to my experience).

you still need to port forward the ports. dmz simply allows the traffic to pass through without interruption from your firewall rules, but it will not listen to the specific port and thus will not forward the packet to your dm.

most probably, you will have a conflict with the router's own config/setup page and the dreambox webserver which both sit on port 80. you can, however, port forward the telnet and ftp port quite easily.
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

use telnet first before you apply from DCC to make sure your login name and pass is correct and access from the ftp file...

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by jft View Post
    use telnet first before you apply from DCC to make sure your login name and pass is correct and access from the ftp file...
    dont confuse him he doesnt need to telnet anything forget dcc you dont use it to log on to dm over internet

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

maybe if he specifies which part of his dreambox he wants to access from the net, then we can give specific answers.
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

just enable DMZ and configure dreambox ip in the router DMZ menu,
    works like charm all the time

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

THANKS to ALL

My purpose is to edit CCcam server info in Dreambox i.e. add server or change the ports or make any changes in the Config file over the Internet without going to my home ...... Thus I need to use DCC

Moreover, I would also like to check which server is working and which is not ..... i.e. use Web Remote and then see what is happening on my DM

Just let me know which ports shall I forward to my DM IP for all this to work

Thanks once again

Last edited by francais_canada; 27th August 2008 at 11:52.

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by big pimpin View Post
    change the default port on your dreambox from 80 to wot ever you want then on your router open that port you will need to open ports 21 and 8080 aswell then open the same ports on your firewall you will need to open a account at noip.com when you have that use the account and just put :the port you used for you dreambox
    do this it will do wot you want

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

THANKS to ALL

My purpose is to edit CCcam server info in Dreambox i.e. add server or change the ports or make any changes in the Config file over the Internet without going to my home ...... Thus I need to use DCC

Moreover, I would also like to check which server is working and which is not ..... i.e. use Web Remote and then see what is happening on my DM

Just let me know which ports shall I forward to my DM IP for all this to work

Thanks once again

you need to open port 21 to ftp your box outside your network use total commander , cccam editor and many other

you need to open port 16001 in able to see whos client and server connected

never put your box in DMZ zone

golden rule " replace your DM password "

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

hehehe, dmz says it all "im open, come in and have a cup of tea".
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by dreamboy70 View Post
    you need to open port 21 to ftp your box outside your network use total commander , cccam editor and many other

you need to open port 16001 in able to see whos client and server connected

never put your box in DMZ zone

golden rule " replace your DM password "

How to change the DM password

Thread Information