Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Junior
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default What box would should i get?

I would love to use the keys posted here.

I currently have a motorised set up (although it can only pick up 28.2e 19.2e 13e 9e 0.8/1w at the moment)

Mainly to get bbc prime and any others is a good bonus. It would need to support usals for the motor and maybe a card slot just incase needed for the future.

Nothing more than Ł80?

A display would also be good for the front of the box so its not just channel numbers!

Other things would be a bonus onto that.

And also a guide as to how to enter the keys, and what else i would need to buy to enable me to do it.

Thanks.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Echolink and its clones are very good receivers. If you want cardsharing, hard drive and other features, go for the linux boxes, such as dreambox.

--

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

get dreambox and its derivatives lol (clones).
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Such as this?
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-BOXED-FREE...QQcmdZViewItem

I suppose the added features of a harddrive through usb or other means would be a good option on a box if its possible.

but if the one above does everything i want, minus the harddrive features i may go for it.

I have heard about dreamboxes and people love them, but i cannot understand whats so good about them, is it mainly for card sharing? (that i am not too interested in)

I already have sky+ (not that that makes an difference)

Thankyou.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

that's echolink.

if you are not into cardsharing, then the ordinary boxes that can read your card should suffice.

with dreambox, there's a lot to tweak. stream to your pc, stream from your pc. schedule a recording when you are away from your box, different emulators/firmwares (being opensourced), etc.
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

What i forgot to mention in my last post was that i would like to use keys and so on that are posted on here, So is that box okay to use and if so, how would i go about entering keys for certain satellites?

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by boknoy_ph View Post
    get dreambox and its derivatives lol (clones).

Definitely , Dreambox.
    " 李俊明 Born To Help People "

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

I have been thinking about a Dreambox now after so many people talk about it.

I have been thinking about getting a slingbox for a while now and if the dreambox can stream to the web and it can also read my sky card it will make me very pleased.

The ability to record has also come onto my list now, being able to record channels (aslong as the dish is pointing to it) and maybe convert them to dvd and other formats through pc(possible?)

Control my motor?

And the last thing, keys. Is it easy enough to set up to put them in?. Mainly for anything, but bbc prime is one of my main ones i want to get, and i have seen a key on here for it. along with many other channels.

I have a small amount of linux knowledge.

Thanks.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

yes, very easy to update the keys. it's a matter of using dreambox control center (dcc) and upload it to your box (the softcam.key) depending on the emu. i suggest cccam for ease of use.
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by boknoy_ph View Post
    yes, very easy to update the keys. it's a matter of using dreambox control center (dcc) and upload it to your box (the softcam.key) depending on the emu. i suggest cccam for ease of use.
    And this is all simple enough to do? Is it done through the network too?

Would it be possible for you to suggest a decent site for a dreambox, either with a hd or the ability to add one if you like.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Atomicbullet View Post
    What i forgot to mention in my last post was that i would like to use keys and so on that are posted on here, So is that box okay to use and if so, how would i go about entering keys for certain satellites?
    You can use keys with the Echolink receivers.
    When you buy the receiver, the official firmware is on it. You need to patch it, so you will be able to open scrambled channels.
    Get a null modem cable:

http://www.cablesdirect.com/prodimages/CC2045-06_LR.jpg

connect it to your computer and download the required patched firmware. If the software is new, it might auto update the keys, but if not, you have to enter them manually. This can be done by using the remote control or an USB flash drive. I have also seen a wireless RS-232 (null modem) cable. There are many ways to update the keys.

--

Thread Information