Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Member Master
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default DM600PVR Help Needed

Hi ALL,

I have just purchased a DM600PVR and have got a couple of questions for the experts to guide me

First of all, the default OS that is in the Dreambox .... is it Enigma1 or Enigma2

Is it advisable to flash it with Gemini OR can I play with the existing "original image" ...... if I need to use Gbox & CCCam; then what is the best option for me i.e. Gemini or any other

Can anybody give me the link of this forum or any other web site where I can get a step-by-step for performing the needful tasks

Thanks.

Francais.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

that's on enigma2. you can install gemini on that, and from there, it's basically the blue panel/addons/install and manually configuring your emus to work.

http://www.i-have-a-dreambox.com/wbb2/index.php
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by boknoy_ph View Post
    that's on enigma2. you can install gemini on that, and from there, it's basically the blue panel/addons/install and manually configuring your emus to work.

http://www.i-have-a-dreambox.com/wbb2/index.php
    Thanks a lot

Do you mean to say that Gbox or CCCam cannot be installed on Enigma2 ..... and in order for me to share the cards, I have to flash Gemini on it ?

Sorry for bothering you again but I wanted to double-check before erasing my "Original Dreambox"

Francais.

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by anishpsla View Post
    Gemini Images have timebomb for clone DMs. It will destroy your DM's bootloader.So try to use other images like PLi. It have built in CCcam. No need to download it seperately.
    OOPS

Now it is getting to something dangerous

Firstly, I do not have a Clone ..... I have got an Original Dreambox ..... so does this apply to me also ?

If yes, can you please send me the link for this new image that u r talking about ..... PLi

Thanks.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

timebomb was for clone dm500s, on firmware 4.3. it was removed on latest versions.

a link for you to download -http://www.gccadm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=90963
    CCcam 2.1.4

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

oh well, shifted myself to pli-jade too
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Get the Pli Jade image. It's a very nice image

http://www.pli-images.org/

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Many THANKS to boknoy_ph, anishpsla & dimu1234 for giving me the insight

Hey Guys, I think I warned you that I am a newbie ...... ......

So, quite ethically, now you all have to guide me ALL the way through

As per your recomendations & instructions, I have shifted to PLi instead of Gemini. Registered at http://www.pli-images.org/ & downloaded the image of DM600PVR

NOW WHAT

Can you please give me the reference of a forum thread that contains step-by-step instructions of how to flash my DM ..... OR can you please write a simple methodology of performing this task without burning my DM

Thanks once again

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

for safer, and much reliable flashing, try to get an rs232 cable and use dreamUp. it's a utility to flash your image to your dreambox.

if however you have a laptop and for some divine reasons you cannot make a usb-serial converter work, you can then use flashwizard pro. all you need to do is to go to your dm's network config page and take note of the IP address of your box. use that IP information on flashwizard pro to connect to your dreambox and thus, upload and flash your unit.

i have heard (and experienced) some bungled up installation using flashwizard though. so i think (personally) the best way to do the flashing if you don't have access to rs232 would be to do it via command line interface.

for this step, you need dreambox control center (dcc). use the same IP info you obtained as per the previous step to connect dcc to your dreambox. once connected, you can click on ftp and upload your image to a folder. let's say, the /tmp/ folder. i also suggest renaming your image to something easy beforehand like pli.img instead of the pli-jade-534230923209whatever.img.

so considering that you have uploaded the pli.img to your /tmp folder, now click on telnet. this should give your the [email protected] prompt. from the prompt type cd /tmp (enter) this will put you on the /tmp folder. you may do ls (enter) to verify that your image (pli.img) file is indeed in the directory. now take care for the next step. from the command prompt you type:

eraseall /dev/mtd/3 && cp pli.img /dev/mtd/3 (hit enter)

this will delete your current image and copy the new uploaded image as the default. be very careful with the filenames and directories since linux OS are sensitive to capitalizations. enter the filename as it is. if you make a mistake on this, you end up with an empty box and you need a jtag to recover your dm box.

once your return to the prompt, simply key-in reboot and hit enter. your box should reboot now. if not, wait for at least a minute before powering it off and turning it back on.

you should now have a new pli image on boot, with cccam2.0.9 already pre-installed. to put keys, look at my other thread on basic softcam installations.

i take no responsibility whatever happens to your box. all risks should be considered, and if you are not confident or willing to gamble, let somebody (pay) do it for you.
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear Boknoy ..... First of all, I would like to THANK you for your ultimate help & advice. Seeing such a detailed note to help me was really a great pleasure

As per your instructions, I flashed my DM600PVR I am not a wealthy person, so did not take the risk of using LAN connection or Telnet method As adviced by you, I used the most safest & reliable method i.e. using RS232 cable

Its all DONE now Please tell me what to do now

I mean that as you said that PLi comes with built-in CCcam; this means I just have to put the CCcam config file ..... as in Enigma CCcam.cfg is located in VAR / ETC ..... Pls tell me about PLi Do I only have to put the CCcam.cfg file over there OR is there anything else that needs to be done

Thanks once again

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

you basically answered your question, you just have to put the cccam.cfg file over to /var/etc. then from your tv screen, press blue button, softcam menu, and just enable cccam as the default cam, and you are good to go.
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

you basically answered your question, you just have to put the cccam.cfg file over to /var/etc. then from your tv screen, press blue button, softcam menu, and just enable cccam as the default cam, and you are good to go.
    Dear Boknoy ..... you really are my HERO

Everything worked like a breeze

However, there was one point that I need to ask you

You said that it comes with CCcam pre-installed .... whereas it was not .... I went to the Download section and had to download it .... did this & then downloaded the CCcam.cfg file too .... of course, it was a dummy file ..... BUT surprisingly, when I tried to replace this file with the one that I already have in my DM500 ..... the location was not the same ..... in DM500; on Gemini the location is : VAR / ETC č CCcam.cfg č CCcam ..... and you also confirmed this location BUT in PLi there is NO VAR/ETC folder over there ...... I searched the whole of Directory structure and then found the CCcam.cfg (which I downloaded - the dummy or example one) in /ETC folder ..... I pasted my DM500 working CCcam.cfg in this location but it did not work ..... when I press the Blue button and go to "Softcam Management"; there is NO Cardserver being shown

Shall I create a folder ETC in VAR folder and then copy the CCcam.cfg file over there Shall I copy only CCcam.cfg OR all the bunch of files that are present in my DM500

Kindly help me

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

since you have a dm600, put the cccam.cfg in /etc.
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

since you have a dm600, put the cccam.cfg in /etc.
    I did that BUT it is not working

When I press the Blue button and go to "Softcam Management"; there is NO Cardserver being shown

Shall I copy only CCcam.cfg OR all the bunch of files that are present in my DM500 in /var/etc folder ?

How can I check that whether everything is properly installed or not

Pls help

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

in pli, it's the yellow button for cardserver info. you must install the ppanel first if you have not done so.
    CCcam 2.1.4

Thread Information