Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

View Poll Results: Should private phone numbers be posted in forum

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Good Habit

2 16.67%
  • No - Bad Habit

3 25.00%
  • It Should Stop

3 25.00%
  • Not sure

4 33.33%
    Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Signatures with telephone numbers

Do yo find it a good behavior to post with signatures of personal numbers while using an international forum. Or is it a means of advertising telephone numbers.
    Do all members here have phone numbers, should they give it at the end of their messages or keep privacy as required, and use forum as means of communication with others.
    Give your opinion.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

only those people with business interest and invites a crackdown on their doors would do so.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Signatures with telephone numbers

In my view people are free to express themselves

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Albano1 View Post
    In my view people are free to express themselves
    There is a lot of freedom of writing about whatever anybody has on satellite issues, and there is also a channel to follow for commercial advertising.
    So we should separate the two, in that freedom of speech has nothing to do with my advertising a private phone line, which i could have used without the forum to call each and everyone reading my post.
    I do find it an invasion of privacy rules, and phone numbers being private can easily be passed to those willing on pms.
    Like why should I have your number in a forum when I didn't ask for it? Plus I can easily communicate to you on the same media - forum. If you have some free service to offer why not wait for one to ask for your number, like we are still looking for free service but their numbers cant be found anywhere on net.
    most numbers on net are pay services, pse don't confuse the two.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

I think only Business Members will do this on ever forum but users , hobbiers , visitors won't show their private phone numbers.My opinion , I will never show my phone number in public forums but will welcomely give my phone number to my friends in private , PM.

Thx.
    " 李俊明 Born To Help People "

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

To me ,My phone number(personal not business) is as private as my home address . So i'm against posting my phone number on the open forum .
    @ sir cogil ,
    Thx for the poll .

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

next some people will think its ok to give home adresses...all these thing should be kept private and only given in PM if your sure the person is good
    Innovative, DM500s, Protek 9600IP

Hotbird 13e, Astra 19e, Astra 28.5e, Hispasat 30w

Thread Information