Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dreambox 500S

Junior Member Master
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Dreambox 500S

Dear experts,

Is there a way that i can watch all scrambled channels in this receiver without an internet connection. If so what are the softwares and key file i should use and the procedure for making it work.Can some one please tell me how to make this work. I know all the channels open in through the internet with the help of the CS server. but i was just wondering if the same could happen without internet.Coz i have seen a lot of keys for pehla,showtime,art,adult channels on here so could it be possible to view these without an internet connection, im sure the experts know the way so will be hoping for them to help me.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by vampiresmind View Post
    Dear experts,

Is there a way that i can watch all scrambled channels in this receiver without an internet connection. If so what are the softwares and key file i should use and the procedure for making it work.Can some one please tell me how to make this work. I know all the channels open in through the internet with the help of the CS server. but i was just wondering if the same could happen without internet.Coz i have seen a lot of keys for pehla,showtime,art,adult channels on here so could it be possible to view these without an internet connection, im sure the experts know the way so will be hoping for them to help me.

For me it's working HKC with Ccam . Other DM experts will exactly tell u above ur mention packages will work with plugs in or not.

Thx.
    " 李俊明 Born To Help People "

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

as mentioned, you can use Cccam and just update the softcam.key. if the keys are valid, you should get reception on your tv, otherwise, not.

for better key updates, use eagle image (from alsat) since you get to download the keys directly to the dm500 without the need of ftp from your pc (still you need an internet connection though).
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Server under maintainance

Quote Originally Posted by boknoy_ph View Post
    as mentioned, you can use Cccam and just update the softcam.key. if the keys are valid, you should get reception on your tv, otherwise, not.

for better key updates, use eagle image (from alsat) since you get to download the keys directly to the dm500 without the need of ftp from your pc (still you need an internet connection though).

Guys can anyone help me out in this,the server i am using at the moment is under maintainance and will be off for a month and a half which means i wont be receiving any reception from paid channels for that period and life without these channels is just boring. Can anyone help me out of this problem and show me a way to watch channels on nile and hotbird without the help of any servers. I have an internet connection so i can download the required files if any to put them on my DM500S.Also i will need to back up my present server details aswell so will require someone to let me know where these details are so that later i can have them back on the DM.
    I forgot to mention at the moment i am using mgcam1.29 and also have downloaded mgcam1.30 directly from the internet to my DM and it was fine viewing all channels on nile and hotbird till the servers were up.
    Will appreciate any help given.

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

use mgcamd 1.25/1.27 to view ART channels. other than that, it's your usual polsat and other previously opened channels on code menu boxes.

why not try card sharing instead?

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by starslap View Post
    use mgcamd 1.25/1.27 to view ART channels. other than that, it's your usual polsat and other previously opened channels on code menu boxes.

why not try card sharing instead?
    I was using a server but unfortunately the server is under maintainance for a month and half so i am left with a blank screen for that period thats the reason i need help from you guys to show me a way to see the channels without the help of any CS servers.

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by vampiresmind View Post
    I was using a server but unfortunately the server is under maintainance for a month and half
    does your newcamd.list start with CWS = 196.205.xxx.xxx?

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

does your newcamd.list start with CWS = 196.205.xxx.xxx?
    Actually the CWS starts something like this
    CWS_MULTIPLE = Server 4411:4413 user pass 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 wan newcs
    and it continues six lines the same way

above the cws there are some settings such show debug,show fat,debug cws etc. and below the CWS there is setting again such as vws connect timout,incoming port,debug port.

what sort of info is all this in the newcamd.list can i please know as i am totally new to this and still trying to understand this receiver.

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

no, just wanted to see if we have the same IP address for a server since mine stopped working for some time.

there's no need actually to put the same lines 6 times over since you already have cws_multiple as argument. if only cws = then you have to put the individual ports range (thus the six lines). unless of course you have different IPs and different usernames, then that should be just fine.

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Now that my CS server i was using is under maintaince, can anyone show me a way to watch the channels on nile and hotbird either with the help of internet or without it, but please do not tell me that i need a CS cause at the moment i dont have one now, so please show me another way round it please.....

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

i think i answered that one already on post number 5?

update your softcam.key.

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

i think i answered that one already on post number 5?

update your softcam.key.
    Thanks star, i have downloaded the new softcam file from Daily Satellite Utilities and uploaded it to the DM but still nothing works its yet a blank screen. Is there anything wrong i am doing. I have not changed the Mgcam and am still using mgcam1.29/Ronald CS. Can u please help me in this matter as it is really boring with nothing to watch and a lot of free time to spend...Please guide and help me bro.

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

again read post #5 as to which version you should install.

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

again read post #5 as to which version you should install.
    Ok bro i downloaded the said version of mgcam1.25 and 1.26 from rdi-dreambox.com and FTP'd them to my DM.all the folders downloaded were uploaded execpt for the keys folder cause in my DM the keys folders have the details of my server and the key files downloaded have just simple dummy details.Will have have to upload the keys folder aswell or would it cam version work with them Please let me know details bro i am really desperate as i have nothing to watch.Please help

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

you simply have to update the softcam.key and enable mgcamd as your default cam. at this time, ART is not working. you might get polsat, even MTV arabia is working with that emulator.

Thread Information