Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Internet Speed and Servers

I am using a server for my Dreamboxes. I am using a wireless internet service, which although slow has been working fine. Just did a speed test and it's screaming along at 125kbts. This has been fine for running 2 Dreamboxes and getting a good picture, and using the PC at the same time. About 10 days ago, I started to get unusual amounts of freezing, breaking up, and at times off the air. On the service side I am told that all is fine and that its all due to my ISP. I use CAT, and I haven't heard of anyone having developed any problem with them,also it's working fine.No higher speeds out in the sticks. Please give me some input on this problem.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

you don't have any option but to stick it out with them.

have you tried pinging your server if you are indeed going fine on that end?
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Will try pinging the server as you suggest boknoy, when its breaking up again, or I loose the signal. Need to find out whats causing this.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

What's the command to ping the server?

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Solution of 2 dreambox or more

Hi guys , the solution of freezing picture are >>>
    You are using clone dreamboxes so they have all same mac adress , that means your router get really crazy about this and he not understand that , because it is never possible to have 2 same mac adress , because a mac adress is unique , same like imei nummber of mobile phone .

So you need to reatart router and take of 1 dm of your network ,and all will run fine without freezes , any way you have to know also that wireless is allways loose some speed , but cat telecom should be ok .

Solution for more then 1 box , change in 1 box the MAC adress with a ini file that you can find on internet and change there a mac adress inside , to upload it to your dreambox VAR/ETC and reboot , after this you will get another ip from your router and all will befine , no freeze any more .

have a nice day , i have find this out myself also because i have the same problem before , ofccourse with oiginal box we would not have this problems

for the person with this problem in this thread , pm me and i will send you the ini file , so only what you need to do is upload ity to your var /etc
    Last edited by kris288; 28th July 2008 at 06:11.

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by mellow View Post
    What's the command to ping the server?
    ping <ip address>
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Sky is an Experimental Lab In the World Of Satellites.
    ::\Dish TV India::90Cms MCBS Dish Hooked to ABS-1 and Edusat and May be Insat 4CR in the Near Future::

Thread Information