Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
  1. #1
    Junior Member Junior
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default Looking for a HOME host in Sweden for my Slingbox

    Hi everyone! Well, I just need to receive some Free-To-Air Kenyan and Nigerian Television Channels that are unfortunately not beamed in this part of the globe where I live. The channels are: (1) KTN (2) NTV and (3) KBC Channel 1 (4) NTA 2 (5) Channels TV (6) Lagos TV (7) MBI Africa ( MITV and (9) Silverbird TV. Click here to see the frequency chart for Intelsat 903 at 34.5°W that carries the channels: http://www.lyngsat.com/intel903.html

    Check out the coverage map for the same here: http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/intel903_nezone.html . I am looking for a very kind person who would have the space and be willing to host my Slingbox, Satellite Dish and Receiver at a Stockholm or any other Sweden address for me to watch those channels in this part of the world. I bet you know everything about Slingbox, details of which can be accessed by clicking on the following link: http://www.slingmedia.com/go/slingbox-pro

    I am willing to get you signed up to a FTTH connection for streaming those channels over the internet. I have been eyeing up http://www.bredbandsbolaget.se/ because they offer 100 Mbit/Sec Upload and Download for US$ 45 Per Month. The reason I opt for Sweden is because the satellite coverage map indicates that the signal is strongest in and around that area. Click here to check it out here: http://www.dishpointer.com/wp-conten...s/INT903NE.jpg . Above all, Sweden, I think, is the undisputed European leader in super fast internet provision, offering the best Download and Upload speeds at very reasonable rates.

    I am willing to pay a small contribution towards your electricity bill plus negotiate a fee for your time for setups/maintenance etc. Finally, I have access to 1 & 2 Mbps Unlimited Upload/Download connection here in India so I could also return the offer should you want content or any other stuff from this part of the world that may not be available there. Would you be kind enough to help out?


    Cheers!

  2. #2
    SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Bletchley Park Code Breaking Lab
    Posts
    2,521
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    There are better streaming boxes than the slingboxes...
    If Evolution works, why so many idiots?


  3. #3
    SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Bletchley Park Code Breaking Lab
    Posts
    2,521
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    If Evolution works, why so many idiots?


  4. #4
    Junior Member Junior
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    What makes you think that Hava is better than Slingbox?

  5. #5
    SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Bletchley Park Code Breaking Lab
    Posts
    2,521
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chit Chat View Post
    What makes you think that Hava is better than Slingbox?

    I run a streaming service and use both ok.... customers much prefer the better pics from the hava's MPEG4 to the slings mpeg2 streams
    If Evolution works, why so many idiots?


  6. #6
    Junior Member Junior
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by irdeto2engineer View Post
    I run a streaming service and use both ok.... customers much prefer the better pics from the hava's MPEG4 to the slings mpeg2 streams
    What's your location? What bandwidth do you use?

  7. #7
    SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Bletchley Park Code Breaking Lab
    Posts
    2,521
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chit Chat View Post
    What's your location? What bandwidth do you use?
    I live on a small rock off the east coast of the great motherland.

    I use commericial fibre... each customer has 1mb upload streams.
    If Evolution works, why so many idiots?


  8. #8
    Senior Member Expert
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    THAILAND
    Posts
    1,437
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by irdeto2engineer View Post
    I run a streaming service and use both ok.... customers much prefer the better pics from the hava's MPEG4 to the slings mpeg2 streams
    How does one join enrol in/purchase a subscription to your service ? Have been very impressed with the screenshots yoiu have shown on RDI over the past year.
    If you prefer please pm me as I am very interested.

  9. #9
    Junior Member Junior
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by irdeto2engineer View Post
    I run a streaming service and use both ok.... customers much prefer the better pics from the hava's MPEG4 to the slings mpeg2 streams
    Which channels do you have and how much do you charge for your services?

  10. #10
    SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Bletchley Park Code Breaking Lab
    Posts
    2,521
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C-BAND View Post
    How does one join enrol in/purchase a subscription to your service ? Have been very impressed with the screenshots yoiu have shown on RDI over the past year.

    If you prefer please pm me as I am very interested.
    Not cheap as I have the full True Visions package with Platinum and 3 extra packs plus DSTV and all with 1mb uploading fibre. Bandwidth costs a lot.

    I have been meaning to add Austalia Newtwork just been too busy running around Asia.


    http://forum.taiwansatellite.tv/view...hp?p=1882#1882
    If Evolution works, why so many idiots?


  11. #11
    Member Mentor
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    thailand
    Posts
    592
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    more spam looks like the bean sports and bullshit dream cards arnt selling to well

  12. #12
    Senior Member Expert
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    THAILAND
    Posts
    1,437
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by irdeto2engineer View Post
    Not cheap as I have the full True Visions package with Platinum and 3 extra packs plus DSTV and all with 1mb uploading fibre. Bandwidth costs a lot.

    I have been meaning to add Austalia Newtwork just been too busy running around Asia.


    http://forum.taiwansatellite.tv/view...hp?p=1882#1882
    Very disappointed ! Was hoping we could get all those European channels , screenshots of which you have been proudly displaying over the last year.
    So are those European channels which we saw, reserved for your private use only ?

  13. #13
    Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Stuttgart-Germany
    Posts
    155
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    I've got some questions about HAVA:

    1.) Does it still drop frames as mentioned by some people ?

    2.) Which minimum upstream would you recommend to have a nice picture on a 15" Notebook screen ? I doubt that the picture is watchable on 42" Plasma Full HD screens, or am i wrong ?

    3.) Have you tried streaming analogue terrestrial signals ? If so, are they watchable ? What about PAL B/G as input signal ?

    4.) Is zapping quick enough if the pings are low (both sender and receiver) ?

    This is it for the moment. Would be nice to hear some details from a power user.
    Best regards.

  14. #14
    Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    436
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deepbluesky View Post
    I've got some questions about HAVA:

    1.) Does it still drop frames as mentioned by some people ?

    2.) Which minimum upstream would you recommend to have a nice picture on a 15" Notebook screen ? I doubt that the picture is watchable on 42" Plasma Full HD screens, or am i wrong ?

    3.) Have you tried streaming analogue terrestrial signals ? If so, are they watchable ? What about PAL B/G as input signal ?

    4.) Is zapping quick enough if the pings are low (both sender and receiver) ?

    This is it for the moment. Would be nice to hear some details from a power user.
    Best regards.
    @IE2

    can you give us an answer to these questions?

  15. #15
    SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Bletchley Park Code Breaking Lab
    Posts
    2,521
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C-BAND View Post
    Very disappointed ! Was hoping we could get all those European channels , screenshots of which you have been proudly displaying over the last year.
    So are those European channels which we saw, reserved for your private use only ?
    That Cband is my SKY UK HD package that you so sorely want.

    You could have it but claim to be a nonce at anything. Actually you could set it up in 10 minutes...

    It's only time and money. I also have Comcast and Dish TV from the USA... HK Cable from HK, soon to come Foctel Australia and maybe some other systems TBA

    On setup... It's called RTFM
    If Evolution works, why so many idiots?


 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to Top