Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default 10db line amplifier

i saw this pauxis 10db line amplifier product in the market and wonder whats the usage. Anybody have try this amplifier and mind to share the review.
    Is it when plug in it will boost up the quality of the picture?
    my decoder have 22k tone option but i wonder whats that.
    there is also lnb power which i can choose l/h,12V,14V and 18V but duno what is it for.

http://www.vetrun.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8726

Byte Stalker Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by guess View Post
    i saw this pauxis 10db line amplifier product in the market and wonder whats the usage. Anybody have try this amplifier and mind to share the review.
    Is it when plug in it will boost up the quality of the picture?
    my decoder have 22k tone option but i wonder whats that.
    there is also lnb power which i can choose l/h,12V,14V and 18V but duno what is it for.

http://www.vetrun.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8726
    Line amplifier boost up the signal including noise, so quality is not boost up!
    The more we learn things the more we hunger for more! That's human nature I guess!

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

It helps to maintain the signal & not really boost
    say you are on the 2nd floor of an apartment & the dish is on the roof of the 15 floor building, the cable you run will loose signal strength & the line amplifier helps to keep the strength of signal at the receiving end.

It was useful during analogue times, but hardly used now.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

used on long run cables as explained by dom06. if your objective is to increase the signal level on short run cables, then this is not the solution for you. you better retune your dish and lnb for that matter.

use this only if you have signal degradation on long cable runs. it amplifies everything, signal,quality and noise too.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by boknoy_ph View Post
    used on long run cables as explained by dom06. if your objective is to increase the signal level on short run cables, then this is not the solution for you. you better retune your dish and lnb for that matter.

use this only if you have signal degradation on long cable runs. it amplifies everything, signal,quality and noise too.
    tq 4 the info.Are there any device in the market that can boost up the signal quality? so i dun need to change my dish

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

tq 4 the info.Are there any device in the market that can boost up the signal quality? so i dun need to change my dish
    hi m8
    dont confuse this by comparing sat tv to terrestrial tv,,,sure with normal tv,alignment of the antenae will effect the picture quality,,,but with sat tv its all or nothing,,,if u r getting the signal without pixilation from the signal strength u have,that is as good as u can get from that sats transmission.a stronger signal strength wont give u any change in pic quality.
    changing the dish setup wont change the pic quality either,,,it is dependant on the resolution of the pic being sent from the sat.not a lot u can do about it.
    cheers,,,dave

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by davidss1 View Post
    hi m8
    dont confuse this by comparing sat tv to terrestrial tv,,,sure with normal tv,alignment of the antenae will effect the picture quality,,,but with sat tv its all or nothing,,,if u r getting the signal without pixilation from the signal strength u have,that is as good as u can get from that sats transmission.a stronger signal strength wont give u any change in pic quality.
    changing the dish setup wont change the pic quality either,,,it is dependant on the resolution of the pic being sent from the sat.not a lot u can do about it.
    so if i m receiving poor quality the only way to solve it is by changing the dish size? i came across this lnb booster n wonder it really will work.
    http://www.vetrun.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7642

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

so if i m receiving poor quality the only way to solve it is by changing the dish size? i came across this lnb booster n wonder it really will work.
    http://www.vetrun.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7642
    as i stated in the last post,,,more signal strength doesnt = better pic quality,,,if u have a watchable signal from the sat u want,,,that is as good a pic quality as the sat transmits.

if u want more signal,,,yes,,a larger dish ,,or lnb scaller ring will improve the signal strength,,,but ur pic will look the same.

please clarify why u r seeking more signal strength
    cheers,,,dave

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

you have not stated exactly what your problems are.

the only way to improve the signal level and quality is to get a bigger dish and a better quality lnb. after of course exhausting all methods of fine tuning your dish.
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

you have not stated exactly what your problems are.

the only way to improve the signal level and quality is to get a bigger dish and a better quality lnb. after of course exhausting all methods of fine tuning your dish.
    How 2 noe which lnb is of better quality? Does it means that the gain must b above 65db or below?

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

How 2 noe which lnb is of better quality? Does it means that the gain must b above 65db or below?
    why do u want to change lnb?,,,,we r trying to help u here ,but u dont seem to read the replys,,,
    tell us why r wanting more signal ,,,
    if u have a picture from the sat u want to see already,,,a bigger dish,,different lnb etc WILL NOT IMPROVE THE PICTURE QUALITY.
    cheers,,,dave

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by davidss1 View Post
    why do u want to change lnb?,,,,we r trying to help u here ,but u dont seem to read the replys,,,
    tell us why r wanting more signal ,,,
    if u have a picture from the sat u want to see already,,,a bigger dish,,different lnb etc WILL NOT IMPROVE THE PICTURE QUALITY.
    i wanted more signals because some of the channels are unable to receive although i had allign the polarization for asiasat3s. its wise to improve the quality bar so i hav consider this scalar ring in mind in order to receive all the channels

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

i wanted more signals because some of the channels are unable to receive although i had allign the polarization for asiasat3s. its wise to improve the quality bar so i hav consider this scalar ring in mind in order to receive all the channels
    its possible that the channels u cannot see r encrypted ,,,or is the signal level below the threshold of ur stb's minimum reception level?

check the details for the channels on somewhere like www.lnygsat.com and the beam footprint
    cheers,,,dave

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

are you even sure that you are on the coverage of the transponders you are aiming?

where is your location?
    what size dish do you have?
    what lnb are you using?
    what is your receiver?
    quality of cable, etc?
    do you even read our replies?
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

are you even sure that you are on the coverage of the transponders you are aiming?

where is your location?
    what size dish do you have?
    what lnb are you using?
    what is your receiver?
    quality of cable, etc?
    do you even read our replies?
    location thailand. dish size 4ft. lnb pauxis c band. dynasat silverbox2 receiver and cable is rg6. n yes i do read everything

Thread Information