Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Actuator arm problem

Hello everyone

Got a small problem on my sat arm , it been on the sat for 3 years no problem, nowdays when i am on Pas 7/10 and then move it back to AS3, i have to realigne the arm, i am using a stand alone superjack positioner to my 18inch arm, anyone got a clue how to fix this problem.

rdg

R-D-I SPONSOR Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by amrit View Post
    Hello everyone

Got a small problem on my sat arm , it been on the sat for 3 years no problem, nowdays when i am on Pas 7/10 and then move it back to AS3, i have to realigne the arm, i am using a stand alone superjack positioner to my 18inch arm, anyone got a clue how to fix this problem.

rdg
    The Problem is cos yr actuator is old and worn that once yr dish sets at 68.5 east the weight of yr dish sets the limit past 68.5 east .

You can try and move and adjust the ARM on the mounting bracket so it does not go past 68.5 east or take the cover off the bottom of the actuator there is a adjuster screw in the middle

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Buy a longer actuator, unfortunately you don't say how big the dish is, but when your moving a dish up from a low angle a tremendous amount of torque is employed to raise the dish. And a actuator of that size would only be be for small dishes of 1.5 meteres at best. In some cases where the actuator is positioned incorrectly, or is of insufficient size, the arm [ram] will tend to push the dish down, with disastrous consequences
    regards from OZ bassett

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

easy to fix take your arm off the dish then holding both ends of the arm move inout you will be able to feel play up and down so you need to put a washer in it to do this you need to take the black cover off to to get to the cog wheels you will see a circlip take that off and put a metal washer on the other side but the best thing is a plastic washer this will take up the slack in the arm the tighter the fit of the washer the better it is

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by big pimpin View Post
    easy to fix take your arm off the dish then holding both ends of the arm move inout you will be able to feel play up and down so you need to put a washer in it to do this you need to take the black cover off to to get to the cog wheels you will see a circlip take that off and put a metal washer on the other side but the best thing is a plastic washer this will take up the slack in the arm the tighter the fit of the washer the better it is
    good info big,,,commonly refered to as "shimming".
    cheers,,,dave

Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Tks guys.
    My Dish size is 6 ft bassett, will try out all the stuff you guys posted.
    Tks again
    rdg

Thread Information