Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Junior
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Post Some Basic Info Required

Dear All
    It is a great place where I can remove all my doubts.

I would like to ask a few basic things, might sound stupid to you, but I want to know about all this.

What is the technical name of the device( a receiver) in which we just have to plug in the DSL cable and we can see the channels? It is getting quite common in Middle east now a days

How does it work?

Is there any place where I can get more info about it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Hm... Good question!

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by hamzaaaa View Post
    Dear All
    It is a great place where I can remove all my doubts.

I would like to ask a few basic things, might sound stupid to you, but I want to know about all this.

What is the technical name of the device( a receiver) in which we just have to plug in the DSL cable and we can see the channels? It is getting quite common in Middle east now a days

How does it work?

Is there any place where I can get more info about it?

Any help would be appreciated.
    i dont think it could be that easy,,,,some receivers(stb) have lan port access,,but these types of systems are not plug and play and require configuring for server access.
    cheers,,,dave

Byte Stalker Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Basically it works like card sharing, but remotely updating the keys via internet to a server provided by the sellers of these receivers who have orig subs card to share. ADSL/DSL is used for its much faster & always connected compare to dial-up.

Theorically one can open all encrypted channels, depends upon the sharer of the sub cards. But I've heard that the proxy address of such server being block in some countries! If this happened one will end up with just a plain FTA satellite receiver.

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Yes ofcourse its not Plug and Play thing. We have to configure the server settings with sometimes username and password. So I need to know that what are these systems called? And how it workds

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by khan2ton View Post
    Basically it works like card sharing, but remotely updating the keys via internet to a server provided by the sellers of these receivers who have orig subs card to share. ADSL/DSL is used for its much faster & always connected compare to dial-up.

Theorically one can open all encrypted channels, depends upon the sharer of the sub cards. But I've heard that the proxy address of such server being block in some countries! If this happened one will end up with just a plain FTA satellite receiver.
    Thanks for the info... but what exactly do you mean by "sub-cards"

yes the channels being broadcasted from dubai are now being blocked. Is there any way to open them?

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

"subcards" are subscriber cards. When people subscribe to a provider they get a subscriber card (abbreviated to sub card)
    So these cards are the legitimate cards for viewing unlike the pirate cards.

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by weirdo View Post
    "subcards" are subscriber cards. When people subscribe to a provider they get a subscriber card (abbreviated to sub card)
    So these cards are the legitimate cards for viewing unlike the pirate cards.
    Oh thanks I know the subscribers card but didnt know the abbreviation. Anyways In other threads people are providing some KEYS, how and where can we use them?

Thread Information