Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 16 EUR (16%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Junior
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default newbie requires urgent help

dear all,

i have a couple of questions as i am new to this.

1) i use the building main dish, i do not have a seperate one, how do i know which diseqc port to use for each sat? is it just by trail and error and use the one with the strongest signal?

2) i am having a problem with signals, lts say accourding to chan AAA broadcasts on hotbird 11241 hor. for some channels like this one i wont be able to get ths channel but if i tune to hotbird 11247 hor (6 to 7 hrz higher) ill be able to get that chan. is there any specific reason for this?

3)i have noticed on that sometimes u have a package or bouquete on a specific mghz that contains 10 chanels, how do i get this? does it come automaticlly when i search that specific mghz?

4)i head that protek 9600i and max1000 are the same? does that mean we can upload the protek 9600i software to the max1000?

5) i used to be able to connect to the server to update the software i understand that the server is down for the moment, however even when it was down a coupleof days ago i used to be abe to connect to theserver. now i cant, i have to shift homes im not sure if its from my side or not? is there anyway i can double check using my pc. i can ping the reciever.

thankig u for all ur help.

Platinum member Expert
    29°20'N 47°59'E
    Posts Thanks / Likes

there's nothing you can do since you are dependent on your building's dish and multiswitch connections. better talk to the building caretaker about the configurations, including the lnb specs. or yes, you can do a trial and error method if you are patient enough, like try out specific freqs and see which port it has a signal on.

as for your cs receiver, please read through the thread on that, and good luck if it ever comes back.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Thread Information