Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 16 EUR (16%)
Donate to support this site...

pakistan city Changa Manga
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Arrow Pc Internet On Mobile

This will work on most s60 phone I guess! it has been tested on an NGAGE and on 7610

step 1:
    Creating an access point on your phone!

toolssettingsconnectionaccess pointsoptionsnew access point>default settings...

these are the settings u need there..

Connection Name : Anything (sugestion ADLS or PCGPRS something u remember well cuz u'll need it later!)

Data Bearer: GPRS

Access Point Name: The name you gave to your bt connection when pairing up with the computer...

Username : None

Password : No

Authentication : Normal

Gateway IP Address :

and that's all on this on this part..

then go to:

tools/settings/connection, and select GPRS

set the GPRS connection to "when available", and the access point to "none".

The settings on your fone are done! now... the next step;

Create a serial port connection from ur pc to ur phone (u've done this before if u ever used Pcsuite from nokia), this serial connection must be on everytime you want to use your pc internet connection as a gprs connection for ur phone

Install the software u need to surf the web (opera, netfront, agile messenger for chat, etc..)

My advise to you is to use netfront, the options are pretty cool and it uses less memory meaning u can still run other program such as agile at the same time (it crashed my 3650 when I tried to do it with opera)..

ur ready to use ur phone to surf and chat for free

Byte Stalker Mentor
    Planet Earth in Universe
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Why used a PC when you can access the internet directly with Nokia phone that supports any of this(Wifi,3G,GPRS,Wap) ? Every users of Nokia been doing this for ages!

If one needs the PC, then used the built-in modem of the phone & connect by dial-up!
    The more we learn things the more we hunger for more! That's human nature I guess!

Thread Information