Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Cardsharing Security

Except for changing the default password,
    are there any other actions we can take that someone can not get into your dreambox and find out which servers u r using?
    most of us are using firewalls.
    What else can we do?

R-D-I SPONSOR Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by wombat View Post
    are there any other actions we can take that someone can not get into your dreambox and find out which servers u r using?
    most of us are using firewalls.
    What else can we do?
    Sorry u cannot hide changing yr password will just stop hackers with default

You also must remember if yr carshare dealer gets busted you are well and true in the shit as the police may leave the server running untill they trace all customers using the service .

They also now monitor TOT and TAT so u risk getting busted anyway

You can only protect against hackers but real hackers can get access in so many different ways u would'nt believe what they can do even open fake forums to collect all your personal info to be used against you .

If the Goverments and police act they can track and trace u within 10mins ( MAX )

You cardshare accept the risk at anytime you may get a knock at your door

YOU CANNOT HIDE

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by EDIRECT View Post

You also must remember if yr carshare dealer gets busted you are well and true in the shit as the police may leave the server running untill they trace all customers using the service .

You can only protect against hackers but real hackers can get access in so many different ways u would'nt believe what they can do even open fake forums to collect all your personal info to be used against you .

If the Goverments and police act they can track and trace u within 10mins ( MAX )

YOU CANNOT HIDE
    To be more specific i wasn't talking about super hackers coz they will get in no matter what.
    And yes If they knock on your door u have a problem, but if u don't have the password and your server is not in the country than its more difficult for them to get in the box. (some people have their CCcam server page on all the time which will give the servers away).
    I know that governments employ hackers but the actions I m asking about must more be seen i light of slowing down the people who want to get into ur box.
    e.g. locks and alarms on property will slow thieves down, but if they really want 2 get in, they will

R-D-I SPONSOR Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

To be more specific i wasn't talking about super hackers coz they will get in no matter what.
    And yes If they knock on your door u have a problem, but if u don't have the password and your server is not in the country than its more difficult for them to get in the box. (some people have their CCcam server page on all the time which will give the servers away).
    I know that governments employ hackers but the actions I m asking about must more be seen i light of slowing down the people who want to get into ur box.
    e.g. locks and alarms on property will slow thieves down, but if they really want 2 get in, they will
    Well yr dreambox port is always OPEN so is yr port 21

Slow them down what 1 day or so ?

YOU CANNOT hide on the internet

You just answered your own question

SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

are there any other actions we can take that someone can not get into your dreambox and find out which servers u r using? most of us are using firewalls.

What else can we do?
    Take out your CAT5 cable and buy a pay card Wombat.

It aint rocket science
    If Evolution works, why so many idiots?

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Well yr dreambox port is always OPEN so is yr port 21

Slow them down what 1 day or so ?

YOU CANNOT hide on the internet

You just answered your own question
    depending on your router for port 21 on ur LAN u can select it to be almost any other port on the internet.
    I have paid subscription cards, and if i share them between my 2 locations i shud b able to do that in a reasonable protected way.

R-D-I SPONSOR Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

depending on your router for port 21 on ur LAN u can select it to be almost any other port on the internet.
    I have paid subscription cards, and if i share them between my 2 locations i shud b able to do that in a reasonable protected way.
    wrong agian my friend

I just gave someone on this forum a demo who was sure i could'nt track and trace him
    and gave him all his personal info
    - took me 3 mins maybe 4 mins

U on skype ?
    U on MSN ?
    U on the Internet ?

Its a walk in the PARK

R-D-I SPONSOR Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default RE

This reminds me of a 14 year boy

Who did log into NASA and nearly caused World War 3

A good start would be to make sure u password protect your ROUTER
    then Your Dreambox and dont slag anyone off on the Internet

dont use same ids and logins for personal data never give anyone your personal details

You should use a different pass for yr router and dreambox and forums and MSN and skype
    and change your pass 1 time every month and dont reply to unknown e-mails

THINK THINK

Last of all BE KIND TO OTHERS

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

YOU CANNOT HIDE
    Then answer this my friend :
    Well ..if what you say is correct and reflects the true position which I know it doesn't
    HOW COME C/S IS SO POPULAR WITH DM'S SELLING BY THE MILLION

R-D-I SPONSOR Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by C-BAND View Post
    Then answer this my friend :
    Well ..if what you say is correct and reflects the true position which I know it doesn't
    HOW COME C/S IS SO POPULAR WITH DM'S SELLING BY THE MILLION
    Yes its true maybe that Member will tell you I DONT KNOW ?

CS user well most of them have just been lucky

Maybe u missed the NEWS of all the dealers getting busted lately

Providers and personal user's well not much going on there unless they want them to give evidence in court ?

Providers also not too worried as NEW cards on the WAY cannot be cardshare so its all going to stop anyway . They can do anything if they wish and in most case its just a matter of time youll see soon enough .

I only warn u off the dangers dont push it to one side cos it really can happen

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Yes its true maybe that Member will tell you I DONT KNOW ?

CS user well most of them have just been lucky

Maybe u missed the NEWS of all the dealers getting busted lately

Providers and personal user's well not much going on there unless they want them to give evidence in court ?

Providers also not too worried as NEW cards on the WAY cannot be cardshare so its all going to stop anyway . They can do anything if they wish and in most case its just a matter of time youll see soon enough .

I only warn u off the dangers dont push it to one side cos it really can happen
    Your reply hits the nail on the head 'NEWS of all the dealers getting busted lately '
    The fact is that in most countries c/s with friends and associates for non commercial purposes is not unlawful and even where it is unlawful few countries have the stomach to track down and persecute its adherents. I have yet to hear of any sharer being prosecuted in the UK . Have you ?

SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Yes pretty much so. You are just card sharing to yourself I take it. Always a risk.

Not that I would know anything about card sharing.

But networking security is helpful.
    If Evolution works, why so many idiots?

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by irdeto2engineer View Post
    But networking security is helpful.
    Thats all i m talking about. standard networking tricks as our friend is talking about we all know and can find on the www.
    I m talking about securing your own little cs network.
    I don't need bs like be nice etc, because that doesn't sound nice.
    just discussion about our hobby.

R-D-I SPONSOR Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Thats all i m talking about. standard networking tricks as our friend is talking about we all know and can find on the www.
    I m talking about securing your own little cs network.
    I don't need bs like be nice etc, because that doesn't sound nice.
    just discussion about our hobby.
    You have already been given the answer

There are no tips and tricks its open on the network

If you want it secure change your pass on the Dreambox and Router and Enable Firewalls if that make you feel safe and secure - But in reallity you are still very un_secure if someone wants to get into your dreambox

Note : If someone is trying to get into your dreambox thats because you have cardshare service thats the only reason why someone would want to intrude on your privacy .

If your not connected to a cardshare service then nobody will be getting in for the simple reason its not connected to the outside world so there is no need to cause alarm . If your also only share behind your own network nobody will get in as they dont know your have a dreambox .

ONLY time people or hackers know you have a dreambox if your connected to the worldwide web via a cardshare server or dns server its that simple .

So if you have no cardshare service you dont have any worrys at all because nobody knows you have a dreambox nor can they get behind your router ( impossible )

Silver Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Talking

Providers also not too worried as NEW cards on the WAY cannot be cardshare so its all going to stop anyway .
    N3 included? I2E correct?

Thread Information