Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Senior Member Expert
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Too good to believe. Is this not a rip-off ?

As advertised in the Times ...200 free Eu channels on your pc . No need for internet broadband or satellite. Can be used anywhere in the world.
    Any RDI'ers care to comment/explain. Thanks

http://www.digitaltvbar.com/

Similar services are available but require broadband and are blocked for users outaide UK

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

DIGITAL TV Bar USB with Remote Control
    TVUSB -

Was: 49.99.....ie $98
    Now: 19.99.... ie $38

DIGITAL TV Bar with Remote Control. Up to 200 channels including Freeview, Sky TV and DAB Radio on your PC or laptop.

That is the reason for the posting....cannot understand how it can possibly work !
    Can any RDIers possibly enlighten us...........or is it just a con . If so how can they get in the prestigious London Times newspaper if fclearly fraudulent ?

ALIBE

A small device called a Digital TV Bar (mini receiver) is plugged into your terrestrial TV aerial socket (or aerial out socket on a receiver).

A USB lead is then connected from the Digital TV Bar to a USB socket on your computer.

Your computer monitor is then used as TV screen. A supplied remote control will be used to change channels.

Limitations:
    You will not be able to watch any encrypted channels (without a subscription)

You will only be able to watch digital terrestrial channels receivable over-the-air in your location.

A suitable digital TV aerial will be required.

Note: All the above information is my guess as how it is supposed to work.

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by ALIBE View Post
    A small device called a Digital TV Bar (mini receiver) is plugged into your terrestrial TV aerial socket (or aerial out socket on a receiver).

A USB lead is then connected from the Digital TV Bar to a USB socket on your computer.

Your computer monitor is then used as TV screen. A supplied remote control will be used to change channels.

Limitations:
    You will not be able to watch any encrypted channels (without a subscription)

You will only be able to watch digital terrestrial channels receivable over-the-air in your location.

A suitable digital TV aerial will be required.

Note: All the above information is my guess as how it is supposed to work.
    .................................................. ..................................
    Thanks. But how is the following on their website FAQ explained ?

''Is this a service available in the UK only?

No, absolutely not! Your TV BAR can be accessed from any PC with a USB connector anywhere in the world! ''

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by C-BAND View Post
    .................................................. ..................................
    Thanks. But how is the following on their website FAQ explained ?

''Is this a service available in the UK only?

No, absolutely not! Your TV BAR can be accessed from any PC with a USB connector anywhere in the world! ''
    it is only a usb tv tuner.
    u would only be able to access terrestrial transmissions in ur area.if u r in thailand,,,that means the fta available,,,chan 3,5,7,etc.there is no possible way it could receive transmissions from europe.
    some models claim they can use cable transmissions,,,some are purely digital,,others are analog only units
    they also require a very fast pc with a lot of accessable ram.
    cheers,,,dave

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

better if you use orb.with the correct tuner you can watch all you channels and stream movies and music what you have in your main pc it will also stream to iphone live tv ext.

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by big pimpin View Post
    better if you use orb.with the correct tuner you can watch all you channels and stream movies and music what you have in your main pc it will also stream to iphone live tv ext.

So it was too good to be true.

How about orb ? they boast :
    ''Internet TV channels from around the world
    When you have Orb on your PC:
    You can watch any internet TV (iTV) channel from around the world
    Watch or record any scheduled internet content, including TV.''

Can one watch the major UK fta channels with this service ? BBC 1 BBC2 ITV etc

As you know these channels are available with i-player , zattoo and many others but all are blocked if your pc is located in Thailand.

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

So it was too good to be true.

How about orb ? they boast :
    ''Internet TV channels from around the world
    When you have Orb on your PC:
    You can watch any internet TV (iTV) channel from around the world
    Watch or record any scheduled internet content, including TV.''

Can one watch the major UK fta channels with this service ? BBC 1 BBC2 ITV etc

As you know these channels are available with i-player , zattoo and many others but all are blocked if your pc is located in Thailand.
    there are loads of internet channels but there shit.with orb you can watch your dreambox channels anywhere.its a bit like sling but miles better i posted a link a few weeks ago

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by big pimpin View Post
    there are loads of internet channels but there shit.with orb you can watch your dreambox channels anywhere.its a bit like sling but miles better i posted a link a few weeks ago
    Does that mean anyone can access their Bangkok dreambox fom a pc in London and watch ubc astro multichoice etc ? How is it done ? Are technical skills required ?

Also...know of no way to watch BBC 1 BBC 2 ITV from pc in Thailand ?
    Presumably one way is to find some one with a dm box in UK and access it from Thailand

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

If it sounds to good to be true. IT IS.

This sort of thing has been round for years, But ask yourself if there is no internet or satellite involvement, how can a signal be transmitted accross thousands of miles. And remember that northern hemisphere satellites are not viewable anyway.

It's taken a while but both E-bay and Trade-me, no longer allow these downloadable programs for 2000 channels on your computer, to be advertised or sold. What does that tell you.

But if you want to invest $19.00 on a program / set-up worth three times as much. According to them, The chances are it's only worth 50 cents at best.
    Be my guest
    regards from OZ bassett

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by bassett View Post
    If it sounds to good to be true. IT IS.

This sort of thing has been round for years, But ask yourself if there is no internet or satellite involvement, how can a signal be transmitted accross thousands of miles. And remember that northern hemisphere satellites are not viewable anyway.

It's taken a while but both E-bay and Trade-me, no longer allow these downloadable programs for 2000 channels on your computer, to be advertised or sold. What does that tell you.

But if you want to invest $19.00 on a program / set-up worth three times as much. According to them, The chances are it's only worth 50 cents at best.
    Be my guest
    If you non antepodians like me were wondering what the heck is that here's the answer :

TradeMe - New Zealand Online Auctions and Classifieds Trade Me is New Zealand's leading shopping website, with thousands of online auctions and classifieds.

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Yes it does work

I brought one of these bars to keep be sane when working away, best 20.00 i ever spent.

i get 88 Channel on my crappy Laptop [Craptop].

Saw the very same stick in maplins a while back for twice the amount.

now 4 of my fellow workers have brought the same item , ordered on a Monday arrived on Friday, hardest thing was trying to get into the package , why do they make these bloody plastic packets so hard to get into.

it works better with its own software rather than Media Player.

its great nice and neat, the only time i had a issue was coming through security at Munich Airport as the Aerial caused some amusement, its small. and typical German sense of humour , and you have to be able to turn your Laptop to prove its working now going through this airport.

I'm going to build a Media Pc soon and will be buying one of these, then i can ditch Sky

R-D-I SPONSOR Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Does that mean anyone can access their Bangkok dreambox fom a pc in London and watch ubc astro multichoice etc ? How is it done ? Are technical skills required ?

Also...know of no way to watch BBC 1 BBC 2 ITV from pc in Thailand ?
    Presumably one way is to find some one with a dm box in UK and access it from Thailand
    Yes with orb.com software you can be in London and watch all your satelltes in Thailand
    You can also login via your web browser and move your satellite dish in Thailand from London

All there people who post rubbish like it dont work or impossible are talking out of there BUM HOLE its very easy to setup .

If you wonder how you move your satellite dish from London to Thailand very simple open the ports on your router and register a dyndns address and point that to your dreambox ip .Then you can login via your web browser in London youll get the dreambox login just as you do be hind your own network - You do that to move the dish and change satellites and channels .
    With orb correctly installed and windows media player you can use that to view the channels

VERY SIMPLE and works WORLDWIDE

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Amazing !
    Does it work with vlc also ?
    At present using the vlc software I can view all my DM channels on my pc putting in my dyndns url which was set up for me..
    Could I do the same and access the Bangkok dm from a pc in the UK or does it only work with orb ? I was told I am able to do this as the pc is on my lan network and that access from outside the network would not be possible . Do you agree ?

Thread Information