Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Dreambox purchase from dvbkey.

With the news of Dream TV changing it's encryption sometimes this century, I decided to go ahead and get another Dreambox, to replace the Angelbox, soon to be paperweight, which feeds the Dream TV signal to all the rooms of the house ( using a signal booster). The first Dreambox I purchased from Phuket Satellite was also an adventure which was written up on here some time back, it cost 6000 Baht. After going through a few initial changes with the whole deal, it's doing fine.
    Because of various reasons, not the least being some of the threads about our southern friend, I decided to go ahead and get one through dvbkey. The initial price looked inviting and everyone is talking positive about him. I live in the sticks, 400 some kilo's from Bangkok, so using the post instead of the pick up looks good to me.
    I sent 4,695Baht on may 30, 2008 for the DM500 and shipping, plus a 600Baht charge from Western Union for doing so. Ouch, I said, but consoled myself by saying that at least I'm getting a year of free server.
    Today, we get a call from some guy in Bangkok telling my wife that he will send the box if we wire him 600Baht. My wife can't get any info from this guy other than name, Fax number, and Bank account number to send the money to. I'm like what the F**K? I'm pissing the wife off trying to get more info ( with the same results as squeezing a rock for blood), she don't know and the guy don't explain, cause this is Thailand. It was close to the time to pick up my son from School, so I left early in order to stop at the post office to make sure that this whole thing is as twisted as I feel it is. Sure enough the guys working there confirmed that should any money be do, I would be able to pay it there at the local P.O. and I already paid for shipping cost anyways. Now I'm pissed off cause there some asshole running around with my new Dreambox somewhere in Bangkok, who wants another 600Baht so he can buy a nice dinner for himself and his girlfriend before he goes and hocks it at some local Satellite shop, and my wife is pissed off at me too, cause I think she don't understand Thai even though she is one.
    After we got home from school I immediately sent a PM to dvbkey about the asshole on the loose in bangers. After which I noticed a PM from him and the tracking number for the DB, and a link. I checked it out and it seems that the box is in BKK and it was shipped using 4XP International Express, so the asshole is probably some clerk there just doing his job, but the box is suppose to be here, not 400kilo's away, and the shipping was paid in advance, to an address which doesn't mention Bangkok. So if I got to spring for this, it will cost me another 600 Baht, plus 50Baht for the wire, plus another 35Baht for confirmation Fax. So all together the cost will be 5,980 Baht thus far, and it has yet to make it a little further. There has got to be a better way to do all this, and maybe cheaper than all these added costs and what's with sending it to the wrong place. Maybe dvbkey will straighten this all out. The second time a lot of hassle has gone into just receiving this small box.
    Well see how this all pan's out, stay tuned for the next episode.

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

it amazes me the situation these farangs get themselves into. it seems both you and your wife are not quite ready for prime time, LOL.

why not just get TrueVisions, so your wife can enjoy TV too?

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Sorry to rub it in mellow but had you listened to the pm's I sent you a while back, none of this would have happened !
    Anyway...its only money ! Good luck and check if you can get 138 KU where you MAY be able to open a lot of good DVBkey channels which nobody else is offering..
    We cannot receive it in Bangkok but it can be received near Changers. You, my friend, are in between hence the interest and the excitement which uncertainty brings .

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by C-BAND View Post
    Sorry to rub it in mellow but had you listened to the pm's I sent you a while back, none of this would have happened !
    Anyway...its only money ! Good luck and check if you can get 138 KU where you MAY be able to open a lot of good DVBkey channels which nobody else is offering..
    We cannot receive it in Bangkok but it can be received near Changers. You, my friend, are in between hence the interest and the excitement which uncertainty brings .

As far as I know DVBkey's packages r very nice and stable.He's a nice guy.Keep up ur good job M8.

Regards.
    " 李俊明 Born To Help People "

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

mellow.

I'll bet u that this is import duty and/or clearing.
    Be happy and pay up and get ur dm500.
    Afterall it is illegal 2 import this kind of equipment without a special license. If the guy doesnt know what 2 do with it because u dont pay it might even go 2 the wrong department which means trouble.
    yes, this is thailand. pay and receive ur dm500 before it gets lost.

R-D-I SPONSOR Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default re

@ mellow

Be very careful u need a Telkom License to import satellite receivers to thailand

YOU CAN BE DEPORTED if Heavy Fined Or Goto Jail if they suspect you are doing wrong ie UBC or Cardsharing whicj has been on thai news recent thai channel 7

You MUST tell them if you have problem this is for personal use and nothing else

You should have purchased in Thailand it would have save u time money and trouble .

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Sent the money this morning, and the fax. Well see what happens next, its always a hassle trying to get anything done here, the simplest things, are made complicated. I have no intention of breaking the law here, I had no idea that importing this small box was somehow illegal. It's for personal use only, its not like I'm gonna set up a business with one Dreambox.

R-D-I SPONSOR Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default re

Quote Originally Posted by mellow View Post
    Sent the money this morning, and the fax. Well see what happens next, its always a hassle trying to get anything done here, the simplest things, are made complicated. I have no intention of breaking the law here, I had no idea that importing this small box was somehow illegal. It's for personal use only, its not like I'm gonna set up a business with one Dreambox.
    Well technically you are breaking the LAW
    This was on the NEWS Channel thai 7

They know what you can do with the dreambox and a usual they think everyone do same

But what they dont understand its a linux PC Box and cannot do wrong without knowledge or someone providing cardshare service .

You really should have purchased in Thailand maybe u get a problem later

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

dvbkey is lot better that edirect alias phukettsatellite alias bigpimkin alias alanreeks alias eldsat alias ............. endless. but seeing dvbkey not posting in this thread evokes doubt that may be edirect is right? as a coin has 2 sides same is the case with edirect and dvbkey. for edirect we have seen the bad side but for dvbkey we are yet to see.

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Code:
    tats right 1000%
    also last week Police in Bangkok take two Satshops this People Sale GammaCards for True Move

รวบ 2 พ่อค้าหัวใสถอดสัญญาณ บ.ทรูวิชั่นส์ ขายบัตรดูรายการฟรี

โดย ทีมข่าวอาชญากรรม ผู้จัดการออนไลน์ 28 พฤษภาคม 2551 15:41 น.

กองปราบฯบุกจับ 2 เจ้าของร้านสุดแสบ แก้ไข้ข้อมูลบัตรสมาร์ทการ์ดถอดรหัสสัญญาณ
    ของบริษัท ทรูวิชั่นส์ ที่หมดอายุ เพื่อให้สามารถรับชมรายการ ของทรูวิชั่นส์ ต่อได้
    ก่อนนำมาขายให้กับลูกค้าที่สนใจ
    สารภาพ ทำเป็นครั้งแรกได้บัตรมาจากชาวต่างชาติในราคา 8,000 บาท
    มาขายต่อ 9,000 บาท

วันนี้ (28 พ.ค.) เมื่อเวลา 13.30 น.ที่กองบังคับการปราบปราม
    พ.ต.ท.เชี่ยววิทย์ ศรีวิเชียร สว.ฝป.10 บก.ป.พร้อมด้วย ร.ต.อ.สิทธิศักดิ์
    หล๋อโตน พนักงานสอบสวน ฝป.10 บก.ป.
    นำกำลังจับกุม นายอำนาจ รัตนวารินทร์ชัย อยู่บ้านเลขที่ 39/25 หมู่ 4 ต.บางม่วง อ.บางใหญ่ จ.นนทบุรี
    เจ้าของร้าน “เชษฐ์การช่าง” และ
    นายอัมรินทร์ ศิริศรีวรงค์ อยู่บ้านเลขที่ 224 ซอยจรัญสนิทวงศ์ 66/1 แขวงและเขตบางพลัด กทม
    .เจ้าของร้าน “อัมรินทร์” ถนนบ้านหม้อ แขวงวังบูรพาภิรมย์ เขตพระนคร กทม.ตามหมายจับศาลอาญา
    ที่ 1748 และ 1749/2551 ลงวันที่ 23 พฤษภาคม 2551 ข้อหาจำหน่ายและมีไว้เพื่อจำหน่ายซึ่งบัตรอีเล็กทรอน ิกส์ที่ทำปลอมหรือแปลงขึ้น
    พร้อมของกลางบัตรสมาร์ทการ์ดปลอมของ บริษัท ทรูวิชั่นส์ จำกัด (มหาชน)
    โดยจับกุมได้ที่แผงค้าของทั้ง 2 ร้านดังกล่าว

Daeng

10FT Dish 169° east-49°east

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by gxavier View Post
    dvbkey is lot better that edirect alias phukettsatellite alias bigpimkin alias alanreeks alias eldsat alias ............. endless. but seeing dvbkey not posting in this thread evokes doubt that may be edirect is right? as a coin has 2 sides same is the case with edirect and dvbkey. for edirect we have seen the bad side but for dvbkey we are yet to see.
    you are in the wrong Topic
    Daeng

10FT Dish 169° east-49°east

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Daeng View Post
    you are in the wrong Topic
    thank you for your comments.
    Last edited by gxavier; 13th June 2008 at 19:16.

88dBuV

First always use only EMS to ship things to Thailand. I have shipped many things to Thailand from China and Europe and had no problems. DHL, UPS charge a lot extra for clearing with customs, and if the package arrives at customs in Bangkok, and you have to clear it, you have trouble. I know a guy who bought a notebook on Ebay and had to pay there so much , he smashed it on the spot.
    I had the same problem, importing or buy local and I bought the receivers in Bangkok, there was not so much difference in price that it was worth to take my chances with customs.

R-D-I SPONSOR Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by 88dBuV View Post
    First always use only EMS to ship things to Thailand. I have shipped many things to Thailand from China and Europe and had no problems. DHL, UPS charge a lot extra for clearing with customs, and if the package arrives at customs in Bangkok, and you have to clear it, you have trouble. I know a guy who bought a notebook on Ebay and had to pay there so much , he smashed it on the spot.
    I had the same problem, importing or buy local and I bought the receivers in Bangkok, there was not so much difference in price that it was worth to take my chances with customs.
    EMS is the same problem - YOU have just been lucky
    All EMS Parcel have to clear custom's first .

If they suspect satellite products the receiver end will have big problem
    You need a Telkom License and before u get that you need a registered company and a trade license in order to import satellite goods into thailand

We do have a Telkom license and Trade License and a Registered Company

Please note these license are valid 3 months at a time and have to be re-apply every 3 months u also need to show the manual if its a satellite receiver .

NOW they are looking for goods from china - As this has been on many Thai News Channels and Piracy with TrueVision those who do order dreambox from oversea's may get a knock at there door any time without warning and if caught with CS you face deportation ..

TOT Line now also Monitor data traffic and torrents and pass onto the goverment
    Be Warned think before u buy and understand what your getting yourself into ?

If you can purchase the Products in Thailand then i advise you to buy in Thailand
    This will save u many problems that may occur in the Future

BE WARNED

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Daeng View Post
    Code:
    tats right 1000%
    also last week Police in Bangkok take two Satshops this People Sale GammaCards for True Move

รวบ 2 พ่อค้าหัวใสถอดสัญญาณ บ.ทรูวิชั่นส์ ขายบัตรดูรายการฟรี

snip

โดยจับกุมได้ที่แผงค้าของทั้ง 2 ร้านดังกล่าว
    As this is an english langauge board, a translation might be in order.
    regards from OZ bassett

Thread Information