Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

88dBuV
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Default Default channel at DM500 boot

Is there a startup script in the DM500 that makes the box (after a power loss) boot to a default channel?

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by 88dBuV View Post
    Is there a startup script in the DM500 that makes the box (after a power loss) boot to a default channel?
    If you want a particular channel and Cam to start after booting up, you have to push the OK button while the Dreambox is running, this will get you into the channel menu, once there push the menu button, this will get you into the service menu. Select as start up service or reset start up service in same menu. This worked for me, using Gemini 4.0

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

This method work with most of the images. Not only with Gemini.

http://img75.imageshack.us/my.php?image=startupph6.jpg
    Last edited by dimu1234; 30th May 2008 at 19:19.

88dBuV

Apparently with Pli Lolite isn't it working, thats why I was looking for to put a line in a ini/cfg enigma script or whatever file it might be.
    The receiver boots to the Earth screen , black screen and again the earth screen with loading please standby. This screen remains there until i push ok on the remote and get always the same but not the wanted channel. Tried many times to select the wanted startup channel with start up service or reset start up service.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by 88dBuV View Post
    Apparently with Pli Lolite isn't it working, thats why I was looking for to put a line in a ini/cfg enigma script or whatever file it might be.
    The receiver boots to the Earth screen , black screen and again the earth screen with loading please standby. This screen remains there until i push ok on the remote and get always the same but not the wanted channel. Tried many times to select the wanted startup channel with start up service or reset start up service.
    I don't know what else to suggest for you. I wish you good luck getting this type of help here. There are many similar small aggravating problems which I face with my Dreambox, which I also never seem to get an answer to. I suppose no one knows probably because info on these images and add-ons, as well as assisted applications, is very hard to come by, even on the internet. What you will get is a brief overview, but no real help which will teach you how-to.

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Does anyone know where is "startup service" stored ?
    /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/xxx.xxx

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default I found it !

This post requires you to click the Thanks button to read this content.

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

The simplest way is to select the channel that you want as a startup channel and from your remote control select reboot your dreambox.

Thread Information