Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Connecting 2 receivers, Experts plz help

i have hotbird, nilesat, intelsat and asiasat dishes installed.... currently i am using humax 5400z. Is it possible to use another receiver with my 2nd t.v. in other room?
    I think if i connect the lnb-out port from my hummy to the lnb-in port on the other receiver, it might work. can somebody confirm it.... and can i watch all channels this way? and is it harmful for the receivers to connect this way?
    thanks for any help

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

use twin out lnbs, then connect all the output of the second lnb-out to a new disecq switch. then attach your 2nd receiver to the new disecq switch.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by boknoy_ph View Post
    use twin out lnbs, then connect all the output of the second lnb-out to a new disecq switch. then attach your 2nd receiver to the new disecq switch.
    The main reason is that I dont want to replace the existing lnb's and go through the headache of installing new diseq switches or wires. Thats the reason to ask if its possible to do it from receiver to receiver in my question above....

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by superman001 View Post
    The main reason is that I dont want to replace the existing lnb's and go through the headache of installing new diseq switches or wires. Thats the reason to ask if its possible to do it from receiver to receiver in my question above....
    hi m8,,u can do as u suggest from one stb to another,,,but,,,u will only be able to view the lnb that is selected by the first stb,,and only in the same polarity (horizontal /vertical).
    cheers,,,dave

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Get a Multi switch, thats the best option if u dont want 2 go thru the replacing of the LNBs.

check this post http://www.rdi-board.com/showthread....ht=multiswitch

Regards

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by satpal123 View Post
    Get a Multi switch, thats the best option if u dont want 2 go thru the replacing of the LNBs.

check this post http://www.rdi-board.com/showthread....ht=multiswitch

Regards
    Although a good solution but isn't there anything simpler than that... bcz i want to use only 2 receivers and the multiswitch is for 12 receivers... the 2nd thing is also i have to check saudi arabian market to see if its available..

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Although a good solution but isn't there anything simpler than that... bcz i want to use only 2 receivers and the multiswitch is for 12 receivers... the 2nd thing is also i have to check saudi arabian market to see if its available..
    Well u get multi switch for 2 recievers also i live in bahrain and i saw it here so it shud definetely be in Saudia also. It was Approx 9 Dinars here, 90 riyals saudia

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by satpal123 View Post
    Well u get multi switch for 2 recievers also i live in bahrain and i saw it here so it shud definetely be in Saudia also. It was Approx 9 Dinars here, 90 riyals saudia
    satpal ji, thx for ur help. God bless u..... i will try to look into the saudi market

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

a multiswitch WILL require you to have twin out lnbs too. the SIMPLIEST, ECONOMICAL and SAFEST option was the one i described above. true, you can do loop-out connection from your receiver to the other but you RISK yourself of burning the tuners, disecqs and lnbs.

it's your life..... it's your choice.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

a multiswitch WILL require you to have twin out lnbs too. the SIMPLIEST, ECONOMICAL and SAFEST option was the one i described above. true, you can do loop-out connection from your receiver to the other but you RISK yourself of burning the tuners, disecqs and lnbs.

yes, i was also afraid of burning those things...seems ur solution is the most feasable in the end.......thx and God bless u

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Is that true!, any thing like this burning happened before?

I would like to do same installation for my 2nd room installation. Its really put me in worry!

Thanks Bokonoy!
    Enjoy while FTA....................

Thread Information