Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Master
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Card reader for srt4620x

Dear Friends,

I 'm planning to upgrade one of my receiver (srt4620x - strong) to accept smart cards. It is with CI slot. Please, kindly advise where I can buy/order its CAM (Card reader)

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by mbalase View Post
    Dear Friends,

I 'm planning to upgrade one of my receiver (srt4620x - strong) to accept smart cards. It is with CI slot. Please, kindly advise where I can buy/order its CAM (Card reader)
    If you have any dealer for MYTV Africa in your country, they deal in strong receivers and are able to advice or sell what you need.

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by cogil View Post
    If you have any dealer for MYTV Africa in your country, they deal in strong receivers and are able to advice or sell what you need.

Thank u Cogil for your fast response. In my country we do have MYTV dealer. It is almost a month now since, I have been calling the dealer enquiring the same. Unfortunately, card reader for this particular receiver they do not have.

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by mbalase View Post
    Dear Friends,

I dont have a 4620x but if it has a card slot(ci slot), then why cant it accept cards?

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Originally Posted by cogil
    I dont have a 4620x but if it has a card slot(ci slot), then why cant it accept cards?[/quote]

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']The Common Interface (CI) is an empty slot on a digital receiver into which a conditional access module (CAM) may be inserted for satellite reception. CAM [/FONT][FONT='Arial','sans-serif']is basically a PCMCIA module that reads the smart card. SRT4620X receivers normally come with empty CI slot as opposed to SRT4652 receivers. which means that the receiver could be used with different types of CAMs that read different types of smart cards, such as Nagravision, ******, Viaccess, Conax, Cryptoworks, Mediaguard, etc.[/FONT]

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

For me CI slots are able to take cards and CAM slots are able to take CAMS, i would say yours has an empty CI slot or none, what do you say?
    As you say I have a 4652 with a CI slot and able to use cards on.
    will see if the whole slot is just a pluggable unit, and availability.
    will report to you soon.

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by anishpsla View Post
    Please tell me some software for reading the viewing card.

It is good that you need more information so that u can help to answer what I have inquired. But I 'm worried that we mighty be discussing two things differently. I 'm in need of a card reader (CAM) for srt4620x and not a "viewing card". If u meant a type of encryption to be read then it is for [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']******, and Conax[/FONT]

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Fine M8, got you, will lookk if available around me then will post you answers - card reader

Thread Information