Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.


Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    128
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default small info to I2E


    small update for I2E ,read the following article on this website , than you will know a little bit more about thailand and as i told before , most off these people can not afford the as you call it affortable pay tv...., so good tv still privelige to the more rich.....
    good tv should be viewable for free as everybody can look no matter rich or poor.......
    greetings, pat....
    http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakin...icle_id=133905

  2. #2
    Senior Member Expert
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    THAILAND
    Posts
    1,437
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by patthai View Post
    small update for I2E ,read the following article on this website , than you will know a little bit more about thailand and as i told before , most off these people can not afford the as you call it affortable pay tv...., so good tv still privelige to the more rich.....
    good tv should be viewable for free as everybody can look no matter rich or poor.......
    greetings, pat....
    http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakin...icle_id=133905
    Surprised by this posting as there are many Thai free to air channels many of which are of high quality . Additionally unlike in most if not all EU countries there is no legal requirement to purchase a tv licence in Thailand [In UK $280 annually but Gordon Brown, the Prime Minister, it was disclosed only last week, does not pay for his...the taxpayer does, which might account for his disastrous showing in the polls yesterday.]

  3. #3
    canine consultant Expert
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    over the Hill, and down the road
    Posts
    1,318
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C-BAND View Post
    Surprised by this posting as there are many Thai free to air channels many of which are of high quality . Additionally unlike in most if not all EU countries there is no legal requirement to purchase a tv licence in Thailand [In UK $280 annually but Gordon Brown, the Prime Minister, it was disclosed only last week, does not pay for his...the taxpayer does, which might account for his disastrous showing in the polls yesterday.]
    Total rubbish, the British government stopped charging for so-called licences in 1963, and at that time a licence was five bob, And even if they did charge, Dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by C-BAND View Post
    In UK $280 annually
    are not used. they still use the English pound sterling as currency
    regards from OZ bassett

  4. #4
    Junior Member Junior
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default look here

    www.livematches.110mb.com the url of the **** en live
    The best link:
    the url of the keys:
    www.bestkey.woowhosting.com
    the url of the ****:
    www.livematches.110mb.com

  5. #5
    Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Sa bubong
    Posts
    135
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bassett View Post
    Total rubbish, the British government stopped charging for so-called licences in 1963, and at that time a licence was five bob, And even if they did charge, Dollars
    are not used. they still use the English pound sterling as currency
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/info/licencefee/

    139.50GBP annually according to BBC website.

  6. #6
    Member Mentor
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    thailand
    Posts
    592
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bassett View Post
    Total rubbish, the British government stopped charging for so-called licences in 1963, and at that time a licence was five bob, And even if they did charge, Dollars
    are not used. they still use the English pound sterling as currency
    cbend is right in the uk they have detecter vans to look for your tv and if you dont have a licience you will get sent to preson.its a big thing in uk even if you have only sat tv

  7. #7
    Senior Member Expert
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    THAILAND
    Posts
    1,437
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bassett View Post
    Total rubbish, the British government stopped charging for so-called licences in 1963, and at that time a licence was five bob, And even if they did charge, Dollars
    are not used. they still use the English pound sterling as currency

    Even BBC World ( News as its now called ) always gives US$ when referring to UK and other prices as dollars are still the currency most people understand.
    As for the 5 bob licence being abolished in 1963 I believe it was .
    However that was the radio licence not the tv licence so you were almost right !
    It is supposed to pay for the BBC but 56 million people only can wish the fee be abolished.
    In Thailand there is no such licence fee and never has been.

  8. #8
    Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    155
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default


    Now 2 i2engines are in this forum.

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to Top