Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Mentor
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default help regarding quality of signal

hi
    *** i have a 4 way LNB + 50 m wire + diseq switch and then that wire to the receiver ......

normally i use only one output from that 4 way LNB .... but then the signal quality is low ....... just half channels of Hotbird are tuned ............

when i get another output from that LNB and connect that to another receiver and on that receiver then the signal quality on the first receiver is 100 % ( which i mentioned above and is abt 50 meter from that LNB ) .

the problem is that i have to on the second receiver and only then i can have the full signal quality ... which is not good .....

any solution to that problem .......

is there any signal loss from 4 way LNB as compared to a 2 way LNB and single LNB

thanks in advance for ur answers

bye

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

there should be no signal loss even if you attach only a single wire. sometimes it depends on the quality of wire being used also. i had an experience with this also and enabling the 22kHz tone did the trick for me, can't understand how it happened.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

thanks for ur answer ....

i will on 22 kjz tone ad then see what happens ....................

but i m not sure why this problem arised ........ strange type of problem

anyways thanks again for ur answer

bye

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

hi
    boknoy_ph when i turn my receiver settings to Universal LNB ........ then the 22 KHZ bar disappears .............. that is the reason i cannot do anything to 22 KHZ settigns ....................

still waiting for a good solution .......................

Bye

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

waiting .... still waiting..........

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

i think the question asked is too difficult to understand .........

or this forum is no more helpful place

i m confused ...... after logging here after many months

do not know why>>

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

@superia4u,

maybe the techies out there does not bother that much on this forum anymore. most of the time, when im tuning a dish, i use a single lnb only as that gives the most signal, then only i change it to a multi-out lnb and fix it properly when the dish has been aligned. maybe you better put a single lnb on it since you are not using the other 3 ports anyway.
    CCcam 2.1.4

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

thanks for the answer

well i use the other port too ......... but what i want is that i should be independent .......... i mean i have to keep both the receivers ON and only then i get full channels on both receivers .............. if one receiver is OFF then it is just bull shit ..................
    do not know what can cause it ............ may be diseq switch problem ....

u r right ..... may be the techies do not pay much attention to this forum ....... i m just shocked to see this that in RDI posts remain unanswered for a few days ............ this was not the case 4-5 moths ago
    ..... or may be i just feeel like this

anyhow thanks again for answer

bye

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: help regarding quality of signal

Quote Originally Posted by superia4u
    hi
    *** i have a 4 way LNB + 50 m wire + diseq switch and then that wire to the receiver ......

normally i use only one output from that 4 way LNB .... but then the signal quality is low ....... just half channels of Hotbird are tuned ............

when i get another output from that LNB and connect that to another receiver and on that receiver then the signal quality on the first receiver is 100 % ( which i mentioned above and is abt 50 meter from that LNB ) .

the problem is that i have to on the second receiver and only then i can have the full signal quality ... which is not good .....

any solution to that problem .......

is there any signal loss from 4 way LNB as compared to a 2 way LNB and single LNB

thanks in advance for ur answers

bye
    are you using same brand of receiver? coz i notice that signal quality also is depend on the DSR like my Beausat cannot get good quality signal for ESPN Int'l to watch it but if i use the NHE brand i'm able to watch it.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

poorboy,

what he meant was if a single DSR is attached, the signal is low and half of the channels can be viewed, but if he attaches another receiver on one of the ports, then he gets good signal quality and is able to view the rest of the channels. it's not a question of DSR tuner, there is something wrong with his lnb or something along the way.
    CCcam 2.1.4

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by superia4u
    hi
    boknoy_ph when i turn my receiver settings to Universal LNB ........ then the 22 KHZ bar disappears .............. that is the reason i cannot do anything to 22 KHZ settigns ....................

still waiting for a good solution .......................

Bye
    I hope some of these ideas may help with your problem!

1. 22khz switches can be a headache - have you tried a 2-way DiSEqC switch?
    2. Have you tried an alternative receiver where the problem occurs, or simply swapping the present two around?
    3. Another concern I have for you is the length of cable. 50m is very long from dish to receiver. I have noticed a drop in signal "performance" over 30m in Australia. Also, boknoy_ph correctly pointed out that quality of cable can affect performance.
    4. Is it possible to move the dish closer or install an "inline" amplifier at the LNB end if you can't move the dish?

woz

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by boknoy_ph
    poorboy,

what he meant was if a single DSR is attached, the signal is low and half of the channels can be viewed, but if he attaches another receiver on one of the ports, then he gets good signal quality and is able to view the rest of the channels. it's not a question of DSR tuner, there is something wrong with his lnb or something along the way.
    that was very unusual, it look like the other DSR is acting like a amplifier

he can try to put the DSR directly without the DiSEqC switch, try a single LNB just to eliminate what might cause the problem.

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

1. 22khz switches can be a headache - have you tried a 2-way DiSEqC switch?
    well i m using more than 4 dishes but still i m happy with the 4 way diseq switch ...... ( i m not using 2 way diseq and also 22 khz switch) i mentioned abt 22 khz switch because it is in the menu of the receiver installation page ............ nothing more i meant
    2. Have you tried an alternative receiver where the problem occurs, or simply swapping the present two around?
    yes the problem still is even with other receiver
    3. Another concern I have for you is the length of cable. 50m is very long from dish to receiver. I have noticed a drop in signal "performance" over 30m in Australia. Also, boknoy_ph correctly pointed out that quality of cable can affect performance.
    well yes .... today i tried by connecting directly the Hotbird cable with my reeciver and then i got all channels( without making the other receiver on
    4. Is it possible to move the dish closer or install an "inline" amplifier at the LNB end if you can't move the dish?
    moving the dish is not possible .........

Gold Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

@superia ! I read your post and was thinking the soultion but couldn't succeed ,,,may be your 4 way LNB is conditionally faulty
    By the way ,,,why did you choose a "used" LNB for Hotbird
    Fte Max 100S
    Humax IRCI-5400z
    Asiasat 3S,NSS 6,Insat 4B,Thaicom2/5,Intelsat7/10,HB 6/7A/8

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by masood
    By the way ,,,why did you choose a "used" LNB for Hotbird
    sir thanks for the answer ............ what do u mean by a "used " LNb .....

i cannot get what u mean ..............

Thread Information